Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Alter Egos Take Charge!

I'm not generally one to be fearful of "possibilities", but I gotta tell ya, the fact that the EXACT flight that I'm scheduled to be on on Saturday was cancelled in Seattle today because of a bomb scare in Heathrow, has me a bit *concerned*.

Frightful Francis (one of my alter egos) has reared her ugly head (and I mean ugly) and has me a bit anxious about my up and coming adventure to the UK.

Reality Girl is also present. She and Frightful Francis are battling it out between them. Reality Girl knows that there is absolutely nothing I can do, but be aware of my surrounds and cautious of everything. Though Frightful Francis can turn that "aware" and "caution" into full out fear in the matter of a second.

Reality Girl will win out in the end I'm sure. She's gone to the store and has purchased herself some sleeping assistance tablets. I'm trying to talk a friend into letting me "borrow" some of her sleeping pills. If I sleep through it, I won't be anxious. Of course, there's always the drinking aspect. If, by chance I can get some liquor in my system before Drunk Diva will be in charge.

Note to all UK folks who read this: Please take care of all those terrorist types before I get there. You have 4 days to take care of it. Get on IT!

I'm almost ready to go. Got my dollars exchanged for the funny money (aka pounds). The suitcase is out and organized. List is made. Pookie in the suitcase making sure I don't forget him. Cat sitter arranged. All is ready! Now, just gotta get rid of those terrorists!

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Um--er--Mom thinks that Frightful Francis maybe right on this one. Mom's alter ego, Scared Silly is busy on this one as well and is worried. Oh, and the alter ego, Worry Wart is working overtime as well on this one. Be careful...we don't want to lose you...

Nicki said...

I think I'd be scared, too, but I'm too stubborn to let it stop me from doing what I want, though.