Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007 is almost over

As I sit and type this I'm sitting on the porch with the sun shining and warmth everywhere. The wind is kicking up so it's getting a bit chilly, but nothing I can't handle. It just sure feels nice to be in the sun.

Santa was good to me this year, got some good gifts that even I didn't know I wanted. Got a nice Pashmina shawl mom carried all the way over from Greece. Also got a nice hand carved wood salad bowl that was carved out of a root of some tree. It's gorgeous. Oh and meet Count Beau of Hershey - he looks so cute with those antlers.

Last night we had our traditional Frito-Lollies for dinner. A couple new people at dinner who had to be trained in the proper preparation of Frito-Lollies. (And in case you aren't aware of Frito-Lollies, they are corn chips and chili with all the fixings.)

Today we did the normal Christmas with big breakfast and opening gifts. HikerGirl, Beau, Schuster (the two poodles) and I went for another hike/walk at Catalina State Park. Beautiful day for it. The wind made it a bit crisp, but we survived. On our walk we stumbled onto this saguaro. I counted about 25 arms, which the family determined meant this one was about 200 years old.

Dinner was a prime rib, with potatoes, green beans, and salad. Delicious! Dad BBQ'd the prime rib and did his normal fantastic job. We had a crowd here again and everyone left full and promising to never eat again.

Pictured below back row from left to right: Dick Gale, Dad, Bob Grabo (high school buddy of dad), HikerGirl, Bruce Sanderson, me.

Front Row / Left to right: Holly Sanderson, Cortney Sanderson, Mom, Lano Gale, Uncle Dick (Mom's brother)



1 comments:

Lesley said...

Very fun! I think you look quite stylish with those antlers, btw.

We had prime rib for Christmas also at Chez LesleyFamily. It was OMG SO GOOD and it made me feel very very sorry for all those unfortunate souls who have to eat ham or turkey on Christmas. Prime rib is the way to go! (Although I'm sure that with the amount of chianti I drank, I would have eaten just about anything! Crazy.)

Merry after-Christmas!