Saturday, December 01, 2007

First Snow of the Winter

Y'all know how I love to hate the snow. The weather forecasters yesterday indicated we'd have up to 3 inches here in the hood. I dare say, I didn't believe them. And yet, as I sit here drinking a hot toddy (what? I'm sick. It's the best sick drink there is.) with my so delightful fire, my Christmas tree all aglow, no plans to go anywhere (though it's Claudia's 40th birthday party I have to miss today due to sickness. Happy 40th Claudia!) I can only sing LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW!
I had to take the garbage out and so while walking the 4 miles to my garbage can (a slight exaggeration) I took my camera and my new 18-200mm lens with me. It's been snowing since 2 or so and coming down relatively strongly. While I hate the idea of the stang having deal with snow, I sure love the look of the white stuff.

Still harboring this blasted cold. The sickness has moved its way up and I'm now berry congested. But I have everything I need to survive this cold snap: cough drops, NyQuil, fire, hot toddy (or hot chocolate too in case I get too drunk), chicken soup, kleenex and Rattatouie movie.


3 comments:

Nicki said...

I've never had a hot toddy. Do I have to be sick to have one?

Lesley said...

OMG, I was just thinking I'd really like a hot toddy right now. I have some chesty coughing thing going on this morning, and what better cure could there be? :)

Hope you're feeling better today!

Jenn from WA said...

FM & Lesley - Do the hot toddys! Do it! I highly recommend them.