Saturday, December 29, 2007

You Look Like a Monkey...and You Smell Like One Too.

I'm not sure what is actually worse about today. That I'm another year wiser, older, more experienced? Or that I'm up at O'dark thirty on this blessed day?
Yes you got that right, it's my birthday! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to MeeeeEEEEE. Happy Birthday to me!

Before I get into the planned celebration of this fantastic day that really should be a holiday for everyone. And in fact, most people get today off. I got home last night and spent the first 30 minutes reassuring Pookie that I would never EVER leave him alone again for 7 days. Sheesh! You would think he was the master of this place. Oh wait, he is.

Thursday before I left, the family treated me to a dinner at Lil' Abner's in Tucson. It was hyped up as some kind of magnificent steakhouse, so I was all in. I love me my steak. Dad's BBQ is usually my preferred steak location. Dad has competition though. Lil Abner's has no menu. It's a old looking shack that allows everyone to write on the walls. Every wall has ink on it. Even the ceiling had writing. I saw my name at least a dozen times, but felt obligated to put my own stamp. It's an interesting restaurant. As I said, there are no menus. The offer only a few items. a 2 lb Porter House Steak, a 7 oz petite filet, a half of chicken, half or whole rack of beef or pork ribs. Each protein is served with family style beans, and Texas toast. Baked potatoes can be ordered too. But that's it. When the waitress said a 2 lb porterhouse all I could think was, "Who could eat that??" I didn't see it ordered once while we where there. I had the petite filet and it was delicious! Afterwards, I was greeted with a round of "Happy Birthday" and a free chocolate sundae that was made with HOMEMADE chocolate sauce. OMG it was so good.



Now for today's actual festivities. As I mentioned in a past post I'm having a fondooooOOOO party. It should be quite fun. I'm a bit behind the 8 ball though since I've really not planned a thing. But thankfully I'm up early today to get things done on time. Stay tuned for details of the event. OMG I can't believe I'm this age. I just looked at the photo above and can't believe I'm -gulp - Thirty Nine. How'd that happen?

4 comments:

Al & Jo said...

ow ow ow -- push==push...oh, wait...that was 39 years ago! OUCH...that hurts more than the actual birth!

Happy BDay J, jennifer, Jenn, "the Pup"

Love
Mom

Ken La Salle said...

Hey Jenn,

Happy Happy Happy and a very Happy Birthday!

Ken

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you all day. Happy Birthday to youuuuuu!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Mike.

Lesley said...

Happy happy birthday!

Sorry I'm a day late. Wish I could have partaken of some fondue -- was it cheese or chocolate? Or both?!! :)

I agree, you're not 39. Just like I'm not 35. NOT POSSIBLE!