Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm a Cheater

I did it. I cheated. I never EVER thought I would, but I did.

I cheated on Dudley Manlove. Now in my defense, a girl HAS to get her band on, and when DMQ isn't available for said girl to get her said band on, said girl must take matters into her own hands.

I thought I'd feel terrible about cheating, but in fact, come to find out, I'm A-Okay with it. Does that make me a bad stalker?

So what, you ask, type of band possessed me to cheat on my band? The Blokes of course. The husband of a gal in the office plays in this band. She too is a DMQ fan, though not nearly as over the top as I am, and she suggested I come see them. She was sure I'd like them. And like them I did.

Them Blokes! do British cover songs (Side bar: I seem to suddenly be surrounded by all things British. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm just sayin'.) Tom Jones, The Beatles, Snow Patrol, Elvis Costello, Van Morrison, and Olivia Newton-John. What? She sorta sounds British.

I mention Miss Newton-John because the funniest song they sang all night was "You're the One that I want" with a strong Scottish brogue. Two guys doing the duet, both with "ugly hair" prop on, singing with a Scottish brogue...hilarious. "You're the one that I want - Oy."

And in other news, I'm feeling extraordinarily stressed at work. This place has turned into Chatty Kathy's home away from home. I miss our quiet-ness we once had when there were only PMDude and I. It was quiet. I was productive. Now we have somehow managed to hire loud, very talkative people who feel the need to socialize at very high volumes. It's just not fair! I want my money back!

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I can't give you your money back, but I can TAG YOU!!!