Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fork me a Some Fondue Goodies

Y-A-W-N! I'm a tired girl today. My birthday party last night took the wind out of me. I got to sleep in today until 7:35. Blasted being old. I laid in bed waiting for sleep to come back, begging the sand man to stop by for just a couple more hours. No such luck. I think the sand man woke the feline in the house on his exit. Argh.

Last night's party was a complete success, as expected. I mean how could it go wrong with fondue, friends and a 70's theme? My apartment was decorated with some snazzy little swirlys. I found myself a pimp daddy hat to wear with my 70's-ish outfit. Megan brought her pimp daddy hat too so we were like twins, but not. We started the festivities with a fantastic cheese fondue with fantastic little dippers like bread, vegi's, and apples. OMG it was good. I kept warning everyone to not fill up on cheese because the best was yet to come.

We stood around my table and fed ourselves with chicken, beef, shrimpees, and vegi's. I made some dipping sauces that kicked ass. I spiced up Uncle Dan's ranch dressing that was OMG so good. A peanut dipping sauce that was a bit spicy, but OMG so good. A hoisin/soy/huli huli sauce that was OMG so good. And a cocktail sauce that I added some zipBamBoom to and was, you guessed it - OMG so good. Did I mention that the fondue was OMG so good? BTW it was later pointed out that Megan and I didn't have the gangsta sign quite right so they called us White Girl Ganstas!

But wait, there's much much more. I decided to use one of the mega Toblerone bars I brought back from London for the chocolate fondue. I swear to you we all needed a cold shower after eating that. I added some heavy cream and cognac to it and it was DELICIOUS! I also made a caramel sauce for dipping too. I figured the chocolate would go the fastest, and yet the caramel was gone in a heartbeat. I had marshmallows, graham crackers, apples, raspberries, pound cake, angel food cake, ginger snaps, and apples for dipping. I started with a marshmallow in the chocolate and thought I found heaven. Then....then I made the discovery of the apples in the caramel....OMG. Definitely needed a cold shower.

The gang was all here and left full of fondue and wine. From left to right: The Newly Weds Mike and Nancy, Vanessa's mom, Pink hat me, Vanessa, Blueberry, Mark, HikerGirl, PimpDaddy Megan, and Chicken Lady in the front.
Thanks everyone for making my birthday a memorable and fun filled event. I need to start planning for next year's big Four O!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Sounds like you had a blast and I'm drooling just reading about the food! xoxo Kathy