Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Merry HO Hoo

Well my chickens, last night was the great office holiday party of 2007. I was unsure if this festive occasion would, in fact, be held considering the considerable flooding in our area and the office participants who were bailing due to weather. But even though the winery is in the flood zone we were safe. Office parties are amusing to me. Not only do you get to see your colleagues in an environment you’re not used to seeing them in (assuming, like me, you don’t socialize with your office mates), but you get to meet significant others. For me this is the fun and often scary part. Many times I just tilt my head and think, “huh, I never would have put those two together.” Last night was no exception. I won’t go into details for fear of incriminating myself should this blog be found by some annoying types at work, but let me just say I’ve never been in the presence of a mail order bride.

Ahem.

We had our holiday party at Chateau Ste Michelle winery here in Woodinville. You know Woodinville, the flooding in Seattle that’s been on the national news…that’s Woodinville. Anyhow, the Chateau has been there since 1900. They had to add to the Chateau as they expanded the winery so some of the buildings (the one in this photo for example) were only built in the 50’s. The house we had our party in was built in 1907. They are beautiful grounds they have there. In the summer they do concerts there, expensive concerts, but it is so worth it.

In other blog worthy news, DMQ is doing their holiday show on Friday night. You realize that this is my second favorite DMQ show. I know I say every show is my favorite…but this show they sing the GRINCH, which happens to be my favorite Christmas movie and song. No it doesn’t say anything about my attitude during the holidays, I happen to love Christmas. They also do a medley song of Christmas carols that everyone knows and love. In that medley they do this song. Which I admit I didn’t even realize was a real song until I decided to YouTube it. Of course, it’s country. What other genre would beg daddy to not get drunk during Christmas?

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Jenn, I'd say more than how incredibly jealous I am about your wonderful party but I can't because I'm incredibly jealous about your wonderful party. ;p