Friday, February 08, 2008

Hairy ValenTimes


Tonight is the Dudley Manlove Valentine show. My mission tonight is to get a photo with Craig - whom I've chosen to be my Valentine this year. He's so lucky.

An enormous group of 8 of us will be there tonight. PhotoGirl and her husband - the Yank (I work with PhotoGirl and The Yank is part of this band) will be joining the crowd tonight. They're the newbies to my world of DMQ stalkers. Okay, so I'm the only stalker of the bunch, but Blueberry and HikerGirl are close seconds.

The show will be at the fantabulous Triple Door. The only thing sucky about this venue is they don't really have tables for larger crowds, so we might have to split up. We'll see. I've left Cynical Jenn at home today and instead have brought "Support Your Local Non Holiday Holiday Jenn"

I feel like crap today - I think trying to ward off some virus that's determined to slow me down. It's been a hellish week in which any project I've touched has crashed and burned. I'm convinced there's something in the air though. Everyone I've talked to has mentioned that things are just in an odd state of flux. (ahahhahaha I mistyped the word flux to flush which, to me, makes that sentence funny. No. I'm not taking any cold medication yet. This is just my odd ball self.) Anyhow, where was I? Oh yes, projects sucking. A couple of the gross margins of my projects have taken a dive so deep I don't think we'll recover from them. In fact, we may be paying Geeksoft. Sadly, some are my fault and some I couldn't really foresee. Either way, I feel like a crappy PM this week and can't help but wonder if I should have stayed with my original career plan to be the person to draw the maps in history books.

Okay, I'd better go do some project management. Ugh. But Dudley Tonight Yay! I'll be sure to give them a big smooch for all of you.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

If it makes you feel better, just about everybody I know is having a crappy week. Yeah, I know it doesn't help, but at least you know you have company.

I order you to have TWO DRINKS tonight to wipe clean this bad luck streak!!!

Ken La Salle said...

That's so funny because I just got home from having a perfectly horrible day at work. Rock bottom shitty! It's so nice to know I'm not alone!!!

... that said, buck up Jenn. IT'S THE WEEKEND! :)