Sunday, February 24, 2008

Walking, Whining, Wine, and Photography

Good day my little chickadees. I'm one pooped girl today. Oh and I have pain. Ohhhh I have pain.
Yesterday Blueberry and I walked to our own drummer for 9 miles. We did three laps of Greenlake. It was one of those awesomely sunny, just right temperature days in Seattle. Everybody and their dog (literally) was out at Greenlake. But it was so worth it. Such good people watching for one, but the fact that we did three laps. Yay us. VikingGirl got the crud that's making its rounds here in the NW, so she didn't make it.

At the end of our second lap we (read: I) was contemplating not going round again, but walking over to Jock&Jill to buy my new shoes. Finally, I decided to just do that later. I'm paying dearly for that decision. By the end of the third lap I was feeling it. Blueberry and I both could feel it in our hips, and our feet were starting to hurt. My right foot hurt more than the left. I crawled to the car and had to get to the store to buy the last bits for the wine tasting extravaganza at Chez Jenn's.

I got to the store, had to park way out - of course, because when your feet are sore, why would a parking spot be available close? Walked into Safeway, grabbed a few items and realized my debit card was back in the car. Bugger! I put my cart by the front, took baby steps back to the freakin car. Got the debit card and crawled back. Upon my return, I realized they had taken my cart and I had to start over. BuggerBugger!

Finishing that I got home. I sat my butt down on the floor and started stretching. I'm a BIG believer of stretching and lots of water after walking. It's the answer to no muscle pain. As I was on the floor I was checking out the balls of my feet. And there they were. Two blisters on the bottom of my right foot. Small, and flat. But my god they hurt. I got a lot of advice from everyone with what I should do with them. They puffed up a bit over night so I took BigBro's advice and got a needle and neosporin. The interesting thing here, in case you didn't know, is that my little tooties are very sensitive. It's hard for me to get a pedicure without being stressed. I do love pedicures, but it tickles. So popping blisters is hard - yes I can even tickle myself. But I did it, and they still hurt. I get to go out with the PhotoGods today for shooting architecture...and it's gonna hurt. Got my Aleve and I'm ready to go.

Last night's Wine Tasting was another fantastic success. We had 13 bottles of wine to choose from and taste. I tasted all but the white wines. I decided - for the first time - to not mix my wines. My body does appreciate when I do that. I made Tyler Florence's Spahetti Bolognese. YumO! OMG It's delicious. I've made it a hundred times before. It takes all day and it's yummy. I learned a lot about my friends last night. Blueberry for example likes ménage à trois. In fact just about everyone who tried it liked ménage à trois. (note: ménage à trois was a wine last night). The NewlyWeds brought a kickass appetizer, that's actually good for you too. Friends Mark and Vanessa (whom I can't think of nicknames for yet, but I'm close) brought Rice Krispie Treats. Yay Mark. Whodathunk Rice Krispie Treats would go well with red wine.
Today the PhotoGods of the NW took out in search for architecture. We found ourselves on the campus of the University of Washington. I've lived in Seattle since 1986 and have never really wondered the UW campus. (I went to the rival school, so why would I?) I gotta say, what a gorgeous campus. Full of gothic style buildings and few oddly placed "modern" buildings. We had fun and I think I got a few good shots.

1 comments:

Scribbler said...

Good use of the word 'bugger'. With more practice, you could even pass for a brit.