Sunday, September 07, 2008

At last, my love has come alongMy lonely days are overAnd life is like a song

And if you know what song that's from...which should be easy...you'll get a big kudo from yours truly. It is, in fact, stuck in my head. And since I didn't actually know the lyrics I had to go find them and then download the song so it can be played and then hopefully leave the brain.

The ONLY reason, I repeat ONLY reason it's in my head is because as I type this I was reminiscing on our last walk for training. BigBro, Blueberry and I set out yesterday for our "official" last training walk. A whopping 5 miles. I still laugh when I think how easy 5 miles is to walk now and how ridiculous it is to think that I'll soon be attempting to walk 60. I'm sure I can do most of it. I say "most" because I know Blue and I will have to take a Sweep (vans that run the route to take tired walkers to the next pit stop) or two. Each Sweep has a theme and have little give aways. It's part of the experience and you know how I have to experience EVERYTHING.

Its hard to believe that this time next week I'll be 3 hours into my last 16 miles. Knowing that at the finish line will be my loving family and friends waiting to cheer us in. *sniff sniff. I get teary eye'd just thinking about the love that this event produces. It reminds me of that fantastic feeling you get when you're laying in the sun. You know how your whole body feels warm and you could just stay there forever.

Early for our team we had VikingGirl as a member. She's had some unfortunate life issues that caused her to not be able to walk with us. BUT that doesn't mean she wasn't able to support us. In fact, Friday I got a voicemail from her telling me that my apt had been "pinked". This has me worried. I knew she'd been collecting pink stuff for me, but wasn't sure exactly how pink it would be. As it turned out I now am the proud owner of a 3 foot fold up flamingo! Yes!



I think I'm all set for the 3Day now. BigBro, Blueberry and I made a plan yesterday and pinky swear on it so that it doesn't change. We made Blueberry swear she'd leave camp by 8pm on Friday and Saturday nights. She tends to get distracted and want to stay longer at places...of course we'll start heading to the car by 7pm which gives us an hour to walk through camp and stop and chat along the way. I'm sure it's not just a Wraspir trait but we do tend to stand at the door and talk for 30 minutes when guests are leaving. Its weird. Anyhow, we're all set. I'm 90% packed and ready. Just need to do the last bit of laundry, get the last few donations, and make sure the camera batteries are fully charged. Oh speaking of donations...

I have missed thanking SEVERAL people in this blog who have donated. For that I'm truly sorry. I was trying to make sure every person who passed a buck my way was thoughtfully and completely thanked. The list is WAY too long and I'm embarrassed I missed so many. First the most recent donations:

Tracey - You're one of my favorite people. I'm so glad we've stayed friends post MSS. Thank you for your donation.

C
ousin Dawy - Thank you. It was an expected surprised to find your donation.

Jack&Suzie - I will be glad to thank you in person with a hug on the beaches of Mexico in December. But until then, you two are awesome people.

Cousin's Saunderson Fam - Yay. I am so glad you are in our lives. You are great people and we are blessed to have you in our family. Thank you.

Mr. Assumption from CM - I thought you had forgotten. Thank you for your donation.

Now for the ones I missed:

BeagleBabe: I can't believe I forgot to thank you. I mean you're BeagleBabe...my wine buddy, my sushi buddy...thank you.

MeganAroony - Again, how could I have forgotten such an important person in my life. Oh and thanks to your MomUnit too. I've never met her, but her donation was so much appreciated.

To the folks at the UK CM: Your support means a lot to me - especially since its supporting me from across the pond. (LM, JH, AO, and AW - to name a few - thanks)

Kath and Row - Your absent mindedness sure did benefit me....and I love you for your absent mindedness and for being you.

Jamie - Good lord. One my rocks. I forgot one of my rocks! Thank you for your donation and for being you.


Now, if you'll check my reader board - I'm just dollars away from $6,000. Who would have ever thought?

3 comments:

Nicki said...

You and all of your donating friends totally rock!! I will be thinking about you next weekend, and hoping everything goes well. You've come a long way, baby.

Jenn!! Rocks!! Out!! Loud!!

Nicki said...

Oh, and that song? They played it at my girlfriend's wedding after they kissed the bride. They had been together for 15 years before tying the knot. And of course you know they split up 6 months later.

Unknown said...

Thank you!!