Friday, December 19, 2008

I said Every day's a new day...everytime I love...

Welcome to day two of the thrilling story of "Shut-In in the Hood." It's riveting story of a young - ahem - lady - ahem ahem who's stuck in her apartment due to some rather icy, snowy weather. It follows said "young lady" through her day of "working from home" and how she terribly wants to leave her apt and so is considering risking everything to drive the car to the store. It's thrilling really.

Having all this time at home has allowed me to do the following:

1. Get some actual work done. While working from home is at times challenging, I can say with almost 100% certainty that I have done some work. I'm working right now in fact.

2. Pack. While sitting in the spare room looking around, I realized that there's a lot of crap in here. And so what better time to start packing said crap then when you're stuck at home. Only 4 boxes packed with stuff I won't need in the next month or so. Although having said that I'm pretty sure I'll need something in one of them. That's how the law works.

3. Scan photos. I have a buttload of heritage photos from the MomUnit's side of the family. While sitting on one conf call after another I have been scanning all of them. They're categorized by family and indexed by date. No not really - well they will be. Eventually. Maybe.

4. Managed to take a walk on the wild side and made the great quest to the mailbox and back. Twice. I know. Amazing huh?

5. Brushed the Big Black Beast of Burden several times...he's almost bald. Only found one flea in the last two days - so maybe we're on the flea mend.

6. Laughed at the crazy neighbor lady who was attempting to get down our hill in her BIG Red Beetle yesterday. See she was out of Pepsi. And apparently when you're out of Pepsi - weather be damned. She ventured out. Oddly I don't see the Big Red Beetle parked up by our apts.

7. Managed to have breakfast for dinner last night. I hadn't actually done much grocery shopping trying to not have a lot here for when I leave for Arizona (in T minus 3 days) and so consequently the weather has caused me to be creative. And so, last night we had corn beef hash and a fried egg over hard. No yolk runny stuff please. Ick. Although I'll have to get creative here shortly as I'm almost out of cream. And without cream how can one have coffee.

8. Discovered there is no Starbucks within reasonable walking distance. If it were warm, sunny and no snow there is one about 1.5 miles. Totally doable. In 21F weather - ah no thank you. Though I did find my gloves when I thought - briefly - about walking up to Rite Aid drug store for something that I now forget.

9. Finished the movie "Jenn - the last 40 years". Stay tuned it may be posted here soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,

I too, have cabin fever. I went out for a walk yesterday, just to get out of my house. We are at a whopping 19 degrees here in Des Moines. I am venturing out in the car today to go to the grocery store....

Cheryl