Wednesday, December 03, 2008

You're a Mean One Mister Grinch....

Well, I did it. I pulled out all the Christmas music. I was challenging myself to NOT listen to any Christmas music before Dec 1...and despite Starbuck's best effort to force me...I think I did okay. Admittedly I did have to listen to a few bars of a Nat King Cole rendition of O Come All Ye Faithful...but come one? It's Nat King Cole - it doesn't count.

I haven't really been in the Christmas spirit this year. Primarily because it's come on so fast. Would someone like to tell me where June - November went? I think I've misplaced them. I haven't even decorated my apartment. Usually the day after Thanksgiving I have tree up, the snowman scattered throughout the place and baking some Christmas treat. This Thanksgiving weekend came and went and I had no desire to decorate. Last night I got home all eager to pull out at least ONE Christmas decoration (I decorated the PM Lair with PMDude's help yesterday so I was feeling in the decorating mood). I opened the storage unit and couldn't even see the Christmas boxes. I promptly closed the door and went inside. Maybe this weekend I'll get something out. Maybe. I'm not promising anything.

In other not so relevant news, I've not been sleeping. I do sleep - eventually. It takes me forever to fall asleep and then it's restless sleep and constantly waking up. I have no idea why, but I want it to end. So last night I took an Advil PM - which I had done in the past, albeit too late and therefore causing the drowsies the next day. Last night I out smarted the sleepies I took an Advil PM at 9pm. Next thing I know I'm slapping the snooze button on the alarm clock for the 5th time. And I was still tired. I could have slept for the rest of the day.

So I'm not sure how to approach the lack of sleep. I like my sleep usually. There are times where I feel like sleeping gets in the way of doing things, but I also recognize I need my sleep - and those around me need me to have my sleep...I'm just sayin. I have been know to get a bit Grinch like when I've not had my sleep.

Patron Saint is counting down to Lesleymas which is only a couple of days away. I think it only fair to tell you all that in 26 more days I'll be FORTY freaking years old! So unfair. How'd this happen? Just yesterday I was waking up in a post THIRTY drunken haze thinking I'd be shocked if I made it to 40. And here I am - ten years later - questioning where the time went. Ugh.

Oh well. It beats the alternative. And there is going to be one helluva party in Washington...you're all invited.

And so I leave you with this Christmas song to wake you into the Christmas spirit. And I apologize early.

1 comments:

Mr Mantle said...

the reason you are not feeling seasonally jolly is because its only the 3rd day into december. Give yourself a break - it'll come. Wait for it, there is a virtue in there somewhere.

Me on the otherhand - I'm feeling pretty bloody Grinch like and I'm loving it!

Merry December to you!
Peace