Sunday, December 28, 2008

Last day in my thirties!

Its still even hard for me to believe that tomorrow I'll be forty. How'd that happen? My grandmother always told me life moves faster when you're older...I didn't believe her then. Now, I think I might.

We were supposed to go to Tubac today. It's a quaint little town full of fun stores to shop in. Unfortunately my Uncle has been in the hospital since I got here and today the prognosis wasn't good. The doctors have done all they can for him and have said it's only a matter of time.

Uncle Dick is 80 year's old. Twice my age. And it's sad to see him in such a state. Thankfully he's not in pain. He's also not willing to chat about the end and what his wishes are. Men. The MomUnit, after hearing the news this morning when we dropped off his pumpkin pie (his treat), didn't much feel like going to Tubac. Which was fine.

Instead we drove to the University of Arizona and I finally found my UofA sweatshirt I've been hunting for. Then to In N Out for lunch. I decided when the MomUnit's number is finally called I'm going to put an In N Out burger wrapper in her coffin with her.

Tonight we're heading to dinner with some family friends to celebrate the first of three birthday parties. Yay Me. I love having a birthday around Christmas sometimes. You celebrate for days. Then tomorrow the DadUnit is fixing his world famous BBQ ribs for me and some other family friends. German Chocolate cake for dessert. Nummers!

The rest of today I'll be sitting outside. There's this bright round thing in the sky that is producing warmth here. I googled it to find out what it is.

So with that I farewell to you all and farewell to my thirties. WAHHHH!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

ooh, so you have personally experienced in-n-out in Tucson. we've only heard rumors. now that means TJ and I have to plan a trip there to see his family. :D

sorry to hear about your uncle.