Monday, December 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

The Big Four O....whodathunk? I really am still a bit in shock over the whole thing. I don't feel 40 and don't really want to be 40...though I guess the alternative isn't an option either.

We didn't do too much today. Ran a few errands and then had a family gathering tonight with the DadUnit's World Famous Ribs. OMG soooo good. BURP! If you've not experienced the ribs, I'm sorry. If you have you know how good dinner was. Ribs, homemade potato au gratin, 7 layer salad and Garlic baked green beans. German Chocolate Cake with WAY too many candles on it.


Cousin Bruce thought he'd be a funny man and brought a blow torch to light the candles with. Hardee Har har...Our family...such comedians.
 

I heard from almost every person I know in Facebook wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks everyone. That was fun to witness. I'm so blessed.

I decided today my new year's theme will be - well not so much a theme this year or a resolution as it is a plan. I'm going to do/try 40 new things. I've set no limit as to what it can be - so it could be walking a new trail, trying a new restaurant, moving into a new condo...who knows. It's going to be a great year.

0 comments: