Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Day After the Day After...

It's the day after the day after Christmas today. All's quiet in the Wraspir household - with the exception of dad wheezing in the chair as he reads, the birds outside having some sort of discussion over the bird seed, the dogs barking and carrying on and the clitterclack of the keyboard. But otherwise, it's quiet.

The MomUnit and I - with long standing family friend - went shopping and to lunch yesterday. I'm sure I've told you that the DadUnit and I go out on Christmas eve every year to have lunch, a little father-daughter bonding and buy mom her gifts. Well, it seems the newest tradition - in the last 6 years anyhow - has been the MomUnit and I going to the Gavi Restaurant for some Italian viddles, then shopping. Unfortunately it's me spending my money -but whatever. And yesterday was no exception. It hadn't snowed in the "lowlands" of Tucson and so we needn't worry about driving in snow - Thank God! I did manage to spend some cashola - but the deals out there. My Goodness. It's hard not to buy when things are so cheap. So now I have my school clothes for next semester (that's my excuse for buying new clothes you see).

We got home -slugged around the house, watched the thermometer dip to the 20's and the snow start to fall slightly. Dinner was left overs - because if you've ever been to Chez Jenn's Parent's diner you know that the fridge is bursting at the seems with food and left overs night is a required dinner. The DadUnit didn't eat last night. He was in one of those moods. He was pouting because we were having dinner so early - it was 6:30PM...so we let him pout.

I think he had a bad day yesterday. He was quite argumentative with everyone and hated almost everything. He sat quietly reading most the day - but when he said something it wasn't necessarily nice. I miss my dad.

Today is a lazy day. I had planned on sitting out on the deck and sunning myself -but seeing as it's 26F outside - I think maybe not.

0 comments: