Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ok...enough already

Seriously. Enough. Day 4 of the Great Shut in of 2008 and I've had it. It's not getting very close to ruining my chances of getting to the airport to go south - where there's sun...and maybe no snow.

Two things I know for sure:
1) Seattle is not a snow/ice friendly city. We're built on 7 hills - not conducive to snow.
2) The Stang is not a snow/ice friendly car

The two mixed means I'm stuck in my apt. On the bright side, the apt is pretty damn clean now. We got 7" overnight. SEVEN INCHES! I'm pretty sure I still live in Washington, but there is a chance that an alien ship picked me up and deposited me back in Minot. I mean, come on, enough already. The snow is so last week!
Moe, Larry and Curly are all frozen. Poor birds. Thank god they have their warm feathers on or they might have frozen to death.


It's important to note that I park under a car port and the Stang rarely gets wet or snowy because it's covered. Well, last night we had a little breeze...and well - it's covered alright. Stupid Snow.

Beautiful, isn't it? You can't tell, but that tree to the right is a rhody and is not usually covered in white snow. I'll be shocked if it survives.


This really doesn't do it justice, but those things at the bottom of the picture are stairs. To the left that mound of white used to be ivy. It's crazy.
Now I know snow is nothing new to most of you who read this. But "most" of you live in areas where snow is a yearly occurrence and most likely are smart enough to not drive a rear wheel drive car...but here...snow is a big deal. In fact, I have no idea what - if any - other news happened outside Seattle in the last three days. All they cover here is the snow...and the "flakes of death".
So today I'm going to strap on the boots and walk down to the mall. I have to get out of this place...why not go to the mall - it is just right here.
In other thrilling "shut in" news - I did get all the heritage photos scanned and documented. And I wrote my goals for next year for work, and personal, and I managed to toss out a butt load of stuff - taking garbage out is a fun exciting thing these days. I wonder if I'm not throwing things out just so I can go out with a purpose.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! This would be a perfect time for scrapbooking too :)

Al & Jo said...

OKAY.. make the snow go away...you need to be on an airplane in a day!

Anonymous said...

OK so your snowed in at least you are walking distance from shopping. We are buried even the pool is frozen over with snow.