Friday, December 12, 2008

Friends call me Heat Mizer - whatever I touch, simply melts in my clutch. Imma too much.

Happy Friday! It really couldn’t have come at a better time. This has been, for some reason, a very long week. I have had almost nothing to do at work for a month then suddenly WHAM 4 projects kickoff in a week and 3 “need” to be completed by the end of the year. Only 1 of them is going to be. And so the constant negotiating with clients on that fact has been all sorts of draining.

And when I feel drained I find comfort in my “still” favorite song. Oh Jason. How I love this song!

Speaking of songs, my pals Dudley Manlove were on TV last night. If you don't live in the greater Seattle area you would not have had them on your beloved TV. I know you've been waiting with baited breath to witness the tunes of DMQ - in better quality than my crappy video skilz - and so now you can. They were on a local show that spot lights art in the area. The lead guitar guy is a shoe maker...whodathunk! No, I mean he REALLY makes shoes.

So - you can see the shoe maker story - which still baffles me by clicking the video link below. You can fast forward the video too BTW. The shoemaker part comes on at / around 14:08. Immediately following that is DMQ ( at 17:02). They do 2 songs and Nancy Guppy (the host) does a quickly little interview between the two songs (20:50)

This is the new lead singer for the group. And while most of you wouldn't know this, he is quickly converting me to his side. He's got pipes. Oh and on the first song at 20:04 Steve the Bass player (to the lead singer's right) gets his serious head bob on! The famous head bob!

This weekend Seattle was on a "Winter Weather Warning" - but that's been cancelled. Thank God. Now I don't have to plan my weekend around snow. Ick! This is a big weekend too....I mean what with all the holiday parties I've been invited to (there's one) and with meeting friends for a holiday bite on Sunday (and to discuss potential life changing news) - I'm just so glad that The Snow Miser isn't coming to town. Because he would greatly hinder my plans and that would be bad.

0 comments: