Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Eskimos are moving in next door!

Happy freakin freezin Tuesday. It is butt cold here in the great Northwest. I am not a fan. In fact, I am beginning to hate the cold in my old age (which in exactly 13 days will be OLDer). While it's been sunny - which is fun for Seattle - it's been cold. Today's high 25F. Right now according to the old Atomic Clock it's 17 outside. SEVEN - freakin - TEEN! I don't recall moving to Alaska. It can keep it's cold air...in fact, leave it in British Columbia. They seem to enjoy the cold.

Tomorrow I'll be building an igloo. Seems like the right thing to do considering. How can I without snow you ask? Oh, well...there will be snow tomorrow. Oh goody! I did laugh today at the weather wrong-caster on the news...he said, and I quote, "Right now it's too cold to snow." What's that about? Too cold to snow just means it's too freakin' cold. I'm just sayin' (That one's for you Mrs. Geek).

In other non weather related news, I'm moving. This is the big news I alluded to a couple blog posts ago. It's official now. I'll be renting a kick ass condo from a good friend (Mr. Volleyball and his wife the Dane). They bought a bigger and better condo and have decided to rent their old condo to me for an FANTASTIC deal. I can't wait. It is 4.4 miles from work. My commute will be 8.8 miles round trip - versus the 40 round trip I drive now. I won't move until the end of January so I have a month or so to pack. But if anyone knows me at all, I'll be packed before the end of this blog post.

I met Mr. VB and his wife on Sunday for dinner. Blueberry was with me and she commented on the way home she wasn't too happy about me moving. She just can't understand how I could move so much in my life. It's in my blood is all I could say. I've moved like 27 times in my life...which means I average - hold please while I calculate - 27 divided by 40 equals .67 something or other. Which I think means I live in on spot for an average of 6 months...which doesn't seem right...but whatever. All I know is I LOVE to move. I've become more stationary in the last 10 years mostly because of the expense of moving.

Moving is therapeutic to me. It's a chance to ditch the old and bring on the new. It's a chance to purge. It's a chance to start new. I love the whole packing and unpacking process. Of course, I'm very organized in it so of course I love it. I usually have all the boxes color coded to match which room they go too...and I have an index in which I give the movers so they know which room corresponds with which color. I'm so lying. But you wouldn't put it past me would you? I am very organized in my moving...it comes from so much practice.
So if you're not busy, Jan 31st feel free to stop by and help support my move. I'll be hiring movers so really you'd just be hanging out with me eating pizza and drinking beer. How much fun is that?

There is an outside chance that the condo won't be ready by end of Jan - but I'm just moving ahead with the planning.

Did I mention it's cold outside? It's now 16F outside. Ugh.

2 comments:

Al & Jo said...

Hmmm---Jan 31 huh? I don't think I can help...I will be laying on the beach in Maui then. So sorry to miss it.....not.

And I know where you get your moving gene....considering I move from north to south and back every year and it is gettin to be a pain in the rear.

Lesley said...

Well, I would help you but I'm 3,000 miles away! But be sure to let me know when that guest bedroom is ready! ;)