Saturday, March 07, 2009

Jenn's Top 40

Earlier this year I vowed to do 40 new things in my 40th year (even though my oldest brother would say it's my 41st year - and he'd be right - he doesn't read this blog, so he'll never know I said he was right). I wanted to give a brief update on how I'm doing.

First, I think I've forgotten a few of them, but I'm sure I'll remember eventually.

40. New location
Yep, I'm counting the move as a new thing. I've moved a thousand times in my life, but that doesn't mean a new location, new house and new commute isn't new.

39. 3Day Getting Started Meeting Volunteering
While the 3 Day isn't new to me, and going to a 3 Day meeting isn't new, volunteering for them is new. I love it too. It's so fun to see the people who are on the edge about deciding to watch, change their mind after listening to the 3Day adventure and watching the 3Day "we're gonna getcha" movie (that's obviously not it's real name... I'm just sayin).

38. Grace Notes Gala Volunteering
Tonight is the Grace Notes Gala for Susan G. Komen. I'm the official volunteer photographer - or rather that's the title I've given myself. I actually had a little dreamy-poo about this event last night. And let me just say, things didn't go as planned.

37. Attend a black tie event
The gala tonight is a black tie event. I've never attended a black tie event, so this should be interesting/fun. The dress is ready. The shoes are ready. The shawl is ready. I even have a necklace that matches the dress...so I'll have bling.

36. Superdiamond
I'm adding Superdiamond to the list since I hadn't seen them before. And I have to say, they are definitely on my list of bands to see again. Next time I'll have to invite Chicken Lady though. She was bummed post Superdiamond that she didn't come with us.

I think that's all I have now. I have a couple more that I'm holding onto should I need to meet the 40 at the last minute. They're new, but not very exciting. And yes, the ones I've just listed are exciting. So there.

Happy Saturday everyone.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a while since I read your blog! It is fun that you write like you speak! I can't wait to see the pictures of you!!!! from tonight.