Saturday, March 14, 2009

Watching for the watchmen

I made a very last minute decision yesterday to go to the movies. I haven't been to the movies since Twilight (stop laughing!). I used to be very into the movies. Used to love to go. Then it became financially obvious that it was way too expensive to go. I felt I could spend the money elsewhere. But for whatever reason, I felt the urge/need to go to the movies.

The Watchmen was the movie of choice. I had heard some pretty good reviews of it and thought an action type movie was just what I needed. Diet coke and small popcorn in hand I settled in for a TWO HOUR AND FORTY FIVE minute movie. Turns out, my bladder with a large diet coke doesn't quite make two hours and forty five minutes. I'm just sayin'.

If you like blood, violence, full frontal male nudity with a really steamy sex scene, this is the movie for you. If you like a well told story with a somewhat interesting ending, this movie might be for you. If you like plot and a story that makes sense - I'd find another movie. It's quite possible this movie was WAY over my head. I like to be entertained at the movies, I don't want to have to think too hard.
I can't really say I'm all that surprised at the movie. I didn't really know that much about it and wasn't really a comic follower as a kid and so knew not much about them in general. On the plus side, I had a great diet coke and some pretty darn good popcorn.

0 comments: