Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday wait, and Sunday always comes too late

The weekend's are funny things aren't they? First you can't wait for it to get started, then suddenly you find yourself sitting on the couch at 9:30 pm wondering what the hell happened to the weekend. It seems so unfair. When I have my own world, it'll be all about a 5 day weekend and a 2 day work week. And the sky would be ... pink!

So yesterday I did all of -nothing. Not a single solitary thing. I woke at 7am, made coffee and toast. Then promptly sat my butt on the couch and read an entire book all day. I did take bathroom and food breaks, but otherwise I did nothing. It was a horribly stormy day here in the NW. A perfect day for sitting and doing nothing. And so I obliged. The day really did require it. And who am I to say otherwise.

Today on the other hand was the complete yen to yesterday's yang. It was sunny and beautiful today. A slight breeze in the air, that just hinted to spring. These are the days this time of year that I think of as "teaser days". It gives you just enough look at spring to make you yearn for it, then tomorrow it will abruptly rip you back into reality of spring in the NW. Rain. Rain. And some more rain for good measure.

I had a small crowd of friendlies over here. My middle brother - we'll call him - Cowboy J - brought a bar over from my parents house in eastern Wa. This bar is made of teak and weighs a ton, or so I remembered. Cowboy J however was a smart one and took it apart so it was easier to move. He did, however, forget all the hardware in Seattle so I can't put the darn thing together. Anyhow, being that I remembered it weight a small mega ton I had planned on many strong manly men being here to help. Without knowing any, I invited some friends instead. Hahahah just kidding manly men who were here to help. You know I love ya.

I had a house full. I marinated steaks in the Better Than A-1 marinade...OMG so good. Did balsamic green beans - who's recipe will be on the other blog this week - Herb Orzo pasta salad, and a german chocolate cake for dessert. Everthing turned out fantastic and actually tasted pretty darn good. I just love to cook for people. It's so rewarding to see people enjoy your cooking.

And so here I sit dreading another day of work tomorrow. Not because I hate my job, cuz I don't, but sometimes I wish I had one more day off. Just one more day.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

So now you have a half a bar???