Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday with Susie Homemaker

There are rare occasions where my "maternal" side takes over. And by "maternal" I mean that gene in which you clean, do laundry, pot plants, bake, clean some more and get a pedicure...yah that gene. It was in full swing today.

Sunday started with snow...again. If you can believe it. I know you folks on the East coast laugh, I'm sure, when I complain about snow. But snow and Seattle are not two words that should ever - and I mean ever - be used together. Today's snow was, thankfully, nothing more than snowball size flakes falling from the sky and melting upon impact. I get a very unhealthy giddy-ness when I see the flakes melt instantly. More than once I thought, "Hah. Take that!"

After I made a pedicure appt for the afternoon, I decided it was time to get to it. I had purchased some primroses a couple of weeks ago - but then we had a cold snap pass through so I didn't want to plant them. Finally, a couple of them have died - or committed suicide I suppose - so I decided it was time. Picture if you will, me, a small spade, light rain, dirt and flowers standing on my back deck - digging ... planting...fertilizing...watering...cleaning up. What a spectacle! But they're potted and look pretty darn good if I do say so myself. Had the few not died, the planter boxes would look even better, but whatever.

After cleaning dirt off the deck...I made banana bread. I used to be horrible at banana bread. But STLSIL helped by this FANTASTIC loaf pan that is fail-proof. And from someone who failed often, I can agree. I can't screw up banana bread. Though this batch, I think the bananas screwed it up. They weren't quite "rotten" enough - if you know what I mean.

Cleaned the house, did laundry and headed north to the hood for a pedi. The salon I frequent did an entire overhaul on the inside and it looks fancy. Almost too fancy for the likes of me now.

Last night I got to have dinner with some UK folks that are here in town. What fun! Great food, great girl talk...the best!

All in all the weekend flew by...again! I feel very satisfied at this moment. So now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a smut novel to read...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pedicure = maternal.....wish I'd known that when the kids were little! Now I partake much more often.