Sunday, March 08, 2009

Springing ahead is for the birds...

For some reason springing ahead affects me way more than falling back. I covet my sleep and when some government takes an hour away, it's annoying. I'm just sayin.

Of course it might not have anything to do with being out last night at the Grace Notes Gala. Yes, boys and girls, yours truly dressed up, in a dress...a real dress, and took myself out for a night on the town. It was a fabulous evening. Nothing extraordinary happened, but it was a blast to be out and about with people who were there to help fight breast cancer by handing over their dough for cool auction items. Last year the Gala made $900,000 - this year they expect to make around $700,000. For one night, that's an amazing amount of money to me. Here's to all those who made a difference last night.I ran into two 3Day pals (both who work for the 3 Day event company. Erin and Suzanne. I just love them...Blueberry described Erin as infectious (in a good way) and I have to admit, both of them are that way. Such good hearted, good spirited people. It does my heart good to know I know them. The picture is horrible of me. I think in my haste to make it on time, I forgot to put on my neck. Either that...or well - ick!


I discovered something about myself last night. While the "girl" in me likes the idea of dressing up and being all fancy, the "woman" in me prefers sweats and flip flops to a dress any day. I am my mother's daughter!

Tonight I had the NewlyWeds )or formerly known as the Newlyweds, over for dinner with Blueberry. Mr. Newlywed won Jenn Trivia back in January and his prize was a 4 course meal at Chez Jenn's. Let me just say, Chef Jenn did one bang up job tonight. Just about everything that touched my lips got an MMM MMM Good out of me.

Most notable was dessert. I'm really not a sweets girl. I'm a deep fried, crunchy, carb girl, but could really do without sweets - mostly. But every once in a while a dessert comes along that just makes you feel all gooey inside. This was one of those desserts. Frozen Peanut Butter, chocolate, Banana Loaf. Oh. My. God. It was easy and scrumptious-dilly-ocious. It's an Everyday Food recipe and it's one that will get an instant reply at Chez Jenn's.

The other surprise tonight was the salad. Quite frankly one of the best salads I've ever had. It would be awesome in summer and with some grilled chicken on top of it.

The whole menu?- go get your expando pants on before you read this - and it can be found on my cooking blog

Course 1 - Appetizer
St. Louis Fried Ravioli
As if ravioli isn't already scrumptious, St.Louis had to go and fry it. My. God. This recipe was delicious.

Course 2 - Salad
Mixed salad with Vanilla-Pear vinaigrette and toasted walnuts
I can't even find words to describe how great this salad was. It's a cooking light recipe, and was the only thing on tonight's menu that was - light that is.


Course 3 - Main course
Chicken with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce
Old time favorite of mine. It's a Giada deLaurentis recipe and quite simply elegant and delicious.


Course 4 - Dessert
Frozen Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana Loaf


1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

I think I gained 20 pounds just LOOKING at this dinner.