Monday, March 30, 2009

Well, hello there...

I have heard, and I've listened. A few of you, who shall remain nameless, have commented on the difficulty in reading the previous color scheme of my blog. And since those that shall remain nameless I appreciate reading my blog, I am henceforth reserving the right to change my background...again.

My what a day. It came in like the grief and went out like the "can I get an AMEN?" Fast day truth be told. I'm not even sure what I did today.

I do know I came home and cooked. Made a delightful little dish in which I actually, believe it or not, followed the recipe. If you like the spicy this is the recipe for you. I'd put it on my cooking blog, but since I've changed my background I've lost that link...which thankfully the practical woman in me stored on her computer at work.

THAI STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN BREASTS
Serves 4 - but I drilled it down to 2 - this is the 4 recipe

1/2 cup White vinegar
1/3 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
2 T Fish sauce (did you know if you didn't have fish sauce soy sauce can be used in it's place? You do now!)
1 T Fresh grated ginger (I used about 2 tsp of dry ground ginger)
3 cloves Garlic, minced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 T Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper

Heat vinegar, sugar and pepper flakes in small sauce pan over medium high heat until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Off heat, stir in cilantro, fish sauce, ginger and garlic.

Rub chicken with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over hot fire until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter and brush with 1/4 cup sauce. Tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve, passing remaining sauce at table.

I let the chicken sit then thinly sliced it on a bias. Put that over rice, and drizzled the sauce over that. Nummers!

In other thrilling news from the Jendo, I finished my 15th book tonight. My life apparently has gone missing. I'm addicted to a writer now and as with many of my other addictions, I can't stop until I've read them all. I've only about 30 more books to go...

0 comments: