Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring has not yet sprung...it snowed...again

Now I know you folks in the NE are probably laughing at my, what seems to be, constant complaint about the snow...but seriously. Enough already. Every person I seem to know is tired and ready for winter to move it's little butt on out and make room for spring. But no...it has to snow again. Stupid snow!

While complaining about the snow, I found out that the DadUnit is back in the hospital. By "back" I mean he's been in and out of the hospital for the last week. The best part, the doctors can't really figure out what's wrong. They "think" there's an infection, but can't pin point it. Oh goody. He's fallen a couple of times at home, and the MomUnit can't pick him up so they call 911. The EMTs then want to take him back to the hospital, and that just pisses the DadUnit off so he gets mean. Finally last night the lead EMT guy almost demanded that they transport him.

So today, the MomUnit is with him in the hospital still trying to figure out what's wrong. They've decided to take him off all his meds - which I'm sure makes him a very unhappy sort - to see if they can narrow down the infection root cause.

I have faith in doctors and try to remind myself that they are first and foremost humans. It's frustrating, to be sure, that they can't determine what's wrong with him. Yet at the same time, I am glad that at least they are trying to figure it out. Whoever said medicine was an exact science was smokin some wacky tabacky! Unfortunately, a lot of it, especially with symptoms like dad's, it's trial and error. Frustrating? You bet. But I have faith they'll figure it out.

Good thoughts and prayers are welcome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of Dad's mystery ailment. I'm sending good thoughts to you to and them.