Monday, June 06, 2011

97 days and counting

I know I probably shouldn't do the countdown because the 100 days will be gone before I know it. Come September I'll be marveling at how fast the time went. Mark my words.

The first official day of work that I didn't have to go to was today.  It felt oddly normal.  I'm sure it won't actually kick in for a couple of days. Today just felt like a three day weekend that only I got off.

I was up shortly after the birds.  It goes something like this.

The sun peaks over the hills.
The birds wake up.
The cat wakes up.
I wake up.

If only I could stop the birds perhaps I can stop the cat and therefore sleep in. But who am I kidding? "Sleeping in" to me is until 7:30. 

As I was mentioning, I was up at the butt crack of dawn and busy almost immediately.  I had two loads of laundry done by the time 10am rolled around.

The rest of the day was full of lunch with a girlfriend, followed by grocery shopping for the week and ending with a massage from ChickenLady.

Not too shabby of a first day off.

Tomorrow will be way more boring. I plan on getting started on one of the many projects on my list.  Then SSIL and Blueberry are coming over for scrapbooking and dinner.  Chicken Tortilla Casserole tomorrow night. YUM! I can hardly wait.

I had an odd flash back memory tonight. After I fed the cat and headed up stairs to the scrapbook room to write this blog, as I topped the stairs a strange smell/feeling came over me.  The upstairs in the summer gets warm. And as the evening cools off there's there odd smell/feel of the day slowly being chilled down.  I can't really explain it, but it shot me directly back to so many summer breaks where I'd be off doing something and come home to mom and dads house. As I'd climb the stairs to our split level house, I'd get that warmth, comfortable, feeling from summer nights.  God I love that.

0 comments: