Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Color my world

Today I started to check something off the big list of things to do for my 100 days off. See I'm in this weird phase.  On the one hand, I'm motivated to hit that list hard and get through it. On the other hand I want to be sure to stretch it out so I have plenty to do. 

I'm afraid on two fronts.  One I won't have enough to do come August. The other that I'll procrastinate so well that nothing will get done.

And so today I got started.

I've been wanting to organize a few of my scrapbook items. I fall victim all too often of buying things because I don't think I have them and turns out I not only have them, but I have them multiple times.

My first goal was to organize my colored brads and grommets.  I've collected these over the years and a few years ago went berserk at a scrapbooking convention and ended up with more than I'll every use.  They were all nice and organized once, then I dropped the two containers and all was lost.

I've "suffered" for a couple of years now and today sat down to the task of separating them by type and then by color.

This was what they looked like before.

A mess!  Whenever I was looking for a type or a color I'd have to dig through these boxes and try to locate what I was looking for.

After 4 pain-staking hours I finally got them all organized. My fingers certainly don't work on small things like they used to. Sheesh. Some of these little buggers were tough to get a hold of...not to mention them flying all over the place if you drop one.



Don't say I need an intervention. I've long since thought that.  And sadly this is only ONE part of all the stuff I have for scrapbooking. I still have fibers and paper to organize.  I may need more than 100 days.

0 comments: