Saturday, June 04, 2011

Saturday...in the park...

Wow! Seattle at its finest today. The bright yellow orb was in the sky and the temperatures hit 80. At least Sparky's thermometer said 81 - and Sparky wouldn't lie (Sparky's the new Stang in case you missed that.)

Today was the first day of the 100 day break.  Didn't seem any different from any other Saturday.  Same chores, same time devoted to reading, same amount of time in the car running errands. I'm sure this "break" thing won't actually set in until Wednesday of next week...give me a couple of days not working for it to really seem like I'm on break.

I bought a new vacuum today. My old beast wasn't really cutting it anymore. I'd have to go over the floor multiple times and even then it wasn't really sucking up dirt.  It sucked alright, but not in the way a vacuum should suck.

So I saw an infomercial on the Shark Navigator LiftAway and knew I had to have it.  Bed, Bath and Beyond had it and I had me a 20% off coupon courtesy of Blueberry.  Bright and early this morning, I as at BBB and bought myself the vacuum.  Came home, put the beautiful lavender machine together and got to work.  I vacuumed up the entire house AND did the edges of the rooms. The ending result was some beautiful looking clean carpet and a canister full of stuff I just don't want to think about.

After the vacuuming adventure, I meandered to Costco to been Boss1 (we'll need a nickname for her soon).  I managed to get in and out of Costco for under $100.  I was on a reconnaissance mission to find out what certain things cost and to determine if buying at Costco and storing them was cheaper than buying them when I needed them.  Jury's still out on that.

Later this evening I couldn't resist the call of the open road.  I had to get in the convertible and take a drive. I drove around Lake Sammamish and marveled at how awesome it is to have a convertible. 

0 comments: