Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The List

I've made a relatively good dent on my list of things to do while I'm off this summer.  I keep holding off on some of them because, well I don't want to run out of things to do.  Though knowing me, I'll hold off too long and then I'll be back at work and won't have completed the list.


You can't be surprised that I made a fancy-ish list.  I mean I have 100 days off for heaven's sake. I have time to make a fancy-ish list. I even left room to add items if need be.

As you can see I've completed a couple "easy" items.  I've wiped down all the window sills, fixed my blog photos (I deleted the folder that held all the blogger photos. I had no idea Picasa and Blogger were pals and my blog photos lived on Picasa.), Updated my PDUs for my PMP certificate (realizing I have 29 credits to fill in 13 months - ugh), and organized my brads and grommets. I know, right? Tough life. 

And on top of all of that I've managed to search for a job as required. 

Today I'm reading.  I am half way through with one of my marketing books, which surprisingly doesn't have sleeping powder in it.  And I've just finished another "easy" reading book.  So I'm on track with both of those goals. 

What I have discovered since not working every day and interacting with people, lists, jobs, etc, is that my brain is turning to mush.  When you're at work you have things that need to be done and your brain is on top of those things.  When you're not at work, your brain too, surprisingly, goes on vacation.  I have lists for my lists now. I can't even remember what day it is half the time when I wake up in the morning.  I know, such a life.  But I've gotta tell you, I'd much rather be working.

And soon enough I will be.  I miss all my work peeps and can't wait to get back into the game.  Until then, I'm working on my 100 Day list. 

1 comments:

Laura said...

I think on your list should be to come down and visit ME! I might even be nice to you....maybe :)