Monday, January 15, 2007

Me no likey!

I'm not exactly sure what us Seattlelites did to piss Mother Nature off, but we did. I'm sooooo sick and tired of the snow and ice and cold.

I know. I know. Those of you reading this who "might" be from a colder area than Seattle are saying, "Stop your whining." And I assure you some day I will. When the freaking weather heats up.

Yesterday our high was 22. TWENTY FREAKIN' TWO! Which, or course, means, none of the snow and ice on the road has melted. Oh no, why would it do that?

The stang stayed parked all weekend since, well, frankly, it didn't need to go anywhere. But aside from that, it no likey this weather. I did, though, have to start her up this morning to get my butt to work at the butt crack of dawn (yah, me not too happy about that either). The car started fine, seemed to handle okay on the ice, but the driver's side window refused to come down. Frozen shut! I actually had to get out of my car to get my coffee. Can you believe it?

On a different note other than weather, because I know there has to be more to my life than this friggin' snow, mom and dad are here for the weekend. Frozen, but here. Mom hasn't gotten out of the sweatshirt she's borrowing from me since she got here. She even bought gloves, which if you recall I wouldn't do in Phoenix during xmas. They leave tomorrow and I'm sure mom will be glad to thaw out in Tucson...that is IF they're warm enough.

The new job kicks ass. I still love it. I can't seem to figure out the fax machine - it's winning the battle currently - but otherwise, I find myself learning English. No, seriously. I've been told I need to learn English. Aside from the "fortnightly" word, I've also encountered a few other differences in how we speak.

For example, we call a line outside a Starbucks, or any place, well a line. They call it a queue.

Crazy I tell ya.

0 comments: