Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Scrapbook Queen is Back!

That’s right, she’s back. After a long, very long, hiatus she’s decided to dust off her power cutter and get her butt to work. Being several, and I mean several, months behind, she knew she had her work cut out for her. But a strong cup of coffee, plenty of adhesive, an imagination to match VanGogh, and lotsa tunes, and she was off.

The “she” is me. That’s right, for the past three nights (Wed, Thurs and Fri) I’ve hunkered down in the “scrapbook room” (aka my spare room, aka my junk room) and set to work. I hadn’t been feeling overly motivated to scrapbook for some time. I had forgotten why I did it. I had forgotten that I scrapbook to find me, to hear my heart beat at the moment, to listen to that voice deep within, to recognize how alive I was during that time…I scrapbook to know me. And I sure had fun last year.

I did 15 pages in 3 nights. Now, that may mean nothing to you, but anyone who scraps knows ‘ THAT’S A LOTTA STUFF”. Over 80% of my pages were of my shows with Dudley…which made ma laugh. I knew I had gone to see all of these shows, but didn’t realize I was so inclined to take photos at almost all of them.

I have only one double page layout to go to close out the mass of 2006. AND I still have all of my NY trip – which is pestering me to get it done. So with a Saturday and Sunday with effectively nothing planned, I’m gonna get to work. Thought I’d upload a few of my masterpieces for you.

Man I’m good.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Good for you, Jenn! My junk room is so overflowing with supplies I can't even get across the floor to the file cabinet. Inspiration left me some time ago. Glad you found your mojo!

Nicki said...

I don't think I'll ever be as good as you are. Those pages are gorgeous.