Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Day of Many Firsts

Yesterday, as you all know, was the first day at the new job. And as with any first day, it was filled with "Firsts".

The first time trying to find the bathroom.
The first time trying to figure out how to get water out of the "spicket".
The first time trying to figure out when to go to lunch, where to go and for how long.
The first time trying to get the computer to turn on correctly and work correctly.
The first time logging into a domain, which apparently doesn't recognize me nor wants to recognize me.
The first time trying to figure out where to park that will have the least amount of impact on car door dings, etc.
The first time learning how to make coffee.

The list can go on. But suffice it to say that despite all the "firsts", it was a good day. This company and its people here is going to be good for me. In fact, its the first time I've felt this good about my future. I could get used to this.

***************************************
Special Remembrance
My STSIL (St. Louis Sister-In-Law)'s father passed away last night. He had lived a good life and he was ready. Its still sad, so take a moment to have STSIL in your thoughts.

1 comments:

Nicki said...

I loathe starting new jobs. That's why I have a tendency to stay in jobs I hate for longer than I should.

And I'll keep SSIL's father in my thoughts.