Friday, November 02, 2007

Glitter Spice

I took today off from work so I could spend the morning spending my hard earned cash buying scrapbook supplies I absolutely don't need at the Scrapbook Convention. Yes, they have scrapbook conventions. I could have my own convention in my spare room with all the "supplies" I couldn't live without.

I discovered two things this year. 1) Women are ruthless and 2) they're breeding kids with stronger lungs nowadays.

But I digress ever so slightly. This blog is to tell you about me, Glitter Spice. See I had this fantastic idea for a scrapbook page for my flamingo costume. It involves feathers and glitter. You're scared aren't you?

Anyhow, my thought was to scrapbook the making of this costume. There were several elements that made up the costume so I thought small photos of each element then some type of directional device that directed you to the end result. Aside from all that, I figured the word "flamingo" needed to be all glittery and brilliant.

And now we get to Dumbass move #197.

Glitter bottles should have the following warning on their bottles: If you're a dumbass, and a clumsy one, do not, under any circumstance, precariously place open bottles on top of open laptops. There's a small, ever so slight chance that you may knock it over. I'm just sayin'.

There are a few positive notes from the Great Glitter Spill of 2007:

1. My keys are sure all glittery and pink.
2. The cat looks good in pink glitter
3. Every time I dump the laptop over, it's like its snowing pink snow...all over the place.

And why does glitter stick to EVERYTHING but the glue in which you are trying to adhere it with?

Here's the finished product. Now, I realize you can't tell, but the pink flamingo AND the word flamingo are all done with glitter. And yes, those are feathers at the bottom of the photo. No, birds were harmed in the making of this album. A computer might have been, but no birds.



This weekend will be a scrapbook fest again. So stay tuned for more glitter stories and more fantastic layouts from Glitter Spice.

1 comments:

Teaux said...

Perhaps this is the source of your McAfee issues?