Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Do You See what I see?

Well officially, a snowman has blown up in my apartment again. Officially, I've kicked off the holiday season. I've heard many theories as to when to decorate or listen to holiday music, but I tend to ignore them all. My apartment. My rules.

Friday after the feast I cleaned up the joint a bit and then proceeded to make a mess by pulling out all the boxes of Christmas. Each year I try to get rid of some older items and replace them with new ones. I figured if I don't get rid of any I won't be able to walk in the apartment. This year, I got three new ornaments this year. Each year I get new ornaments, and the old ones are easy to replace because I usually break one or two. Then there's the cat who helps with breaking ornaments. He generally leaves the tree alone, but the last two years (this year and last) he's found them interesting and will occasionally walk by and swat at one or two.

Saturday was the Apple Cup, Washington State Univ (my alma mater) and UW rivalry game. This year the Cougs won (WSU) and it was a good game, but both teams were battling out for last place. I had a quickly little Apple Cup party in which we drank Appletini's (Thanks Vanessa) and ate German Apple Cake (Thanks HikerGirl). As I mentioned, the Cougs won 42-35, though they tried to "Coug it".

Sunday evening I read the Project Management for Small Projects book. Another excellent book in my opinion. A lot of items in it were the same old PM stuff, but there were a few other items in which I have already incorporated into my projects. Every little bit can help keep my projects on time and on budget. Of course too many processes makes managing projects too complicated.

I'm not my witty self today as I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I have a cold coming on strong. It's starting with a fantastic cough that won't go away (BeagleBabe- I know you warned me). I decided to work from home this afternoon to save the office mates from my hacking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My apartment. My rules.

Awesome.

Scribbler said...

My house, my wife's rules mean that although I would take the decorations from the loft on Christmas eve and put them back up there on Boxing day (the day after Xmas day for you Americans) if I even bothered at all, we actually do it differently.
About the Sunday before Christmas and back away on twelfth night.

Lesley said...

I was just going to leave the same exact comment as Captain Sarcastic. Nice.

I think Thanksgiving weekend is the ideal time to decorate. It's before the real craziness begins and it gives you lots of time to change what you don't like and get it right. I think it looks just fabulous!

Hope you feel better. I'm drinking a ton of that Emerge-n-C crap right now to try to fight off a cold. Not sure how well that will work but I'll try!

Al & Jo said...

I don't wantta' decorate for Christmas. My kids need to come and do it for me! Hint, hint,.