Thursday, November 15, 2007

I Think I Love you!

No I won’t break out in David Cassidy harmony – unless PMDude wants me to…but instead I’m in love.

L.O.V.E.

Now granted I’m a year behind on this crush, but I’m sure you will understand why I am in said love.

It’s no boy. They just leave you hurt and wondering what you did wrong. No this love is a true love. One that will never let me down. And if it should, I can tow it’s ass to a garage and fix it ASAP with little to no effort.

No the love of which I speak is an Italian Ford Mustang Giugiaro Concept.


My heart went pitter-pat. Or to quote PMDude, “I think I just wet myself.”

Now the double whammy here is it’s ITALIAN. And I swear I was Italian in another life. I’m sure of it. I eat Italian (read: Love Italina). I drool over Italian men. I lived there. I speaka soma da language…va bene! So it’s inevitable that I MUST have this car (of course marrying a rich Italian dude will help in this dream – but whatever it takes).

There are some go-fast gadgets that gives makes this beauty a 500 hp dream car. FIVE HUNDRED HORSES! That's enough power to fry the wheels on take off.
True this is a concept car, and it will unlikely ever be built into full production, but rumor on the Mustang Super Rumor Highway is that Ford is likely to use some element in the 2010 Mustang. Which by then, my Mustang will have been paid off and in need of a replacement – maybe.

And who is the Giugiaro anyhow. He’s an impressive car designer who has put his name on a car in almost every car maker in the world – from Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Volkswagen to Mazda, Lotus and Bugatti – none other than Fabrizio Giugiaro . "When we saw the new Mustang, we knew two things: It was the best we'd seen since the original, and we had to get our hands on one," said Fabrizio Giugiaro, styling director of ItaldesignGiugiaro S.P.A.

This baby has a longer hood and the trunk is barely visible, the car looks more like the original fastback – at least from the side. This dazzling concept car reinforces the freedom and rebellion synonymous with Mustang. WOOF!

Check out some of the new “features”:

**The single curved glass panel that bridges the windshield and rear window, serving as the concept's roof. Produced by Solutia of Detroit, the panel is made from a special type of crystal that filters out 100 percent of UVA rays while providing unfettered vista views.

**Its dramatic doors, which are hinged at the base of the upright A-pillar and open vertically at the touch of a button.

**Bespoke taillights, which are three separate elements as found on the 1964 Mustang – but reinterpreted into a more dramatic arrow shape that links to the louvre panels that replace the rear side windows.

**The interior – featuring a dramatic instrument panel that sweeps the width of the car; circular gauges that project from behind the steering wheel; dark brown horsehide-covered ( I could do without the horsehide – though admittedly I first thought it was cow and couldn’t figure out what was up.).

**The sporting-but-elegant 20-inch rims, fitted with 275/40 tyres on the front and bullish 315/35 tyres on the rear.

**4.6L V8 Supercharged engine….

**Rear view CAMERAS instead of mirrors.
This beautiful Mustang concept is no pretender that's all show and no go. Far from it, this vehicle is fitted with some of Ford Racing's best performance ideas.

Oh man, my heart cant’ take it. I might have to to home and take the rest of the day off.

2 comments:

Nicki said...

My mouth was positively watering until I saw the seats. Don't like the seats. Not at all. The rest? I think I peed my pants.

Scribbler said...

Horse hide is the best leather there is. I have a superb jacket made from same. It's the traditional material used to make aviator jackets of the last couple of wars - and indeed, Tom Cruise was wearing one in that film...

I was unable to read most of the blog because of the smell of warm urine.