Tuesday, August 19, 2008

5,000 Ducks

Quick! Take a look to the right! See that!

I MET MY GOAL!!!!!!

Five Thousand DUCKS! Amazing. And none of it could have been possible without so many amazing people in my life. I am, indeed, one lucky girl (who currently tears up just thinking about this 3 Day thing).

It's hard to believe it's been just 8 short months since that fateful day I sat, bored, on my couch surfing the web. The day I decided to participate in "the boldest breast cancer event in history". The day I signed my life over to a commitment that, quite honestly, I didn't know if I would succeed at. I wasn't sure I could do something, so bold, to try to change the world. Who was I to think I could? Then I thought, "Who am I to think I can't?"

Then I realized that if I leave any mark on this world, I want it to be one of love, courage and hope. What better way than to participate in the 3 Day 60 Mile Breast Cancer walk! I walk in honor of those who no longer can. For those who are brave enough to face a breast cancer diagnosis every day and who have the strength, the resolve and the courage to survive.

*sniff sniff

I've raised my personal goal to $6,000 - why not? I mean surely I can raise another $1,000. There's still some donation wells that need to be tapped.

And so - the shout outs to my last donors who pushed me over the limit.

TECHNOLOGIST 1 - THANKS! YOUR DONATION WAS UNEXPECTED AND SO APPRECIATED

THE BRIT - DESPITE ALL THE GRIEF - YOU'RE DEFINITELY MY FAVOURITE (SPELLED WRONG FOR THE BRIT) BRIT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION.

AND

HIKERGIRL - OH.MY.GOD. YOUR GENEROUS DONATION IS THE 'ONE' THAT PUSHED ME OVER $5,OOO. THANK YOU. I OWE YOU COFFEE OR A SALMON DINNER.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Jenn, that is wonderful!!! I'm sitting here all teary-eyed from reading this post. This is such a great and generous thing you are doing, and it makes me very happy that I know you!

Al & Jo said...

WAY TO GO!!!! We are so proud of you, Ric and Sherrie for the commitment, work and fortitude to do this...and your giving spirit. We love you all.