Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mamma mia, here I go again

How do weekends go so fast? I swear I was just driving home on Friday thinking about dinner. And here I sit on Sunday typing out a blog about where the weekend went. Well, shall we review.

Let's start with TGIF. I invited the Newlyweds to dinner. Dinner....mmmmm, what a great meal I managed to create if I do say so myself. The ParentalUnits have been in Alaska for a month stocking their freezer and mine with salmon and a few pieces of halibut. So a couple of those halibut pieces found their way out of the freezer and into my oven. Get into my oven! I made an old favorite Parchment Halibut, twice baked potatoes and zucchini with the halibut. For dessert I pulled out all the stops. Yes, we had ice cream. What? No I didn't make it. That's just crazy talk! I bought it...French Silk...it's delicious.

During the dinner gathering with the Newlyweds the topic of their "code" name not being so accurate anymore. So Groom of the Newlyweds came up with their new name by saying, "We're more like StaleMates now." So there you go. The Newlyweds will hence forth be the StaleMates.

The StaleMates kept me up too late on Friday night to allow me to get up bright and early to walk with any of the teams I had planned to walk with, so I decided to trek out on my own. My trek took me to the Mustang, which took me to Starbucks, which took me home cleaning. So no, I didn't walk on Saturday. But my apartment is sure clean...or it was until FuzzButt decided to drop some fuzz all over.

Following apartment cleaning, the StaleMates and I found ourselves in Bellevue having appetizers at Ztejas and then over at the movie theater seeing Mama Mia. Oh. My. God. what a funny movie. It always amazes me when actors you have seen just acting for years pulls music out of their famous, talented asses. Good grief, Meryl Streep can sing. Pierce Brosnan, not so much. I just couldn't get past James Bond singing Abba songs. Those two = oil and water. Aside from James Bond singing Abba poorly, the rest of the movie was very enjoyable. They did Abba well.

And yet again, the StaleMates kept me up past my bedtime last night and so I managed to not get up this morning to walk with other teams, but I do have my tennis shoes on and all ready to go. I'll do 5 miles today and call it a day. Meeting PhotoGirl and The Yank for the July PhotoGods outting - yes I realize it's August, but we're slightly behind.

0 comments: