Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So you think you can read...

I've recently been accused by some unmentionable types that when they clicked on my blog link all they got was a puff of dust - insinuating that it's been a few days since I've last blessed you with my words of wisdom. For this said person who's desk now needs to be dusted, let's be clear here, I hate you, and so are your pants. (no one but the person who made mention of said dust will understand that...). And as a token of forgiveness for your harsh words, I give you this pink feather duster. Enjoy.

Now on to real business.

$95. That's the amount that I will be away from reaching my $6,000 goal WHEN the large donation from current employer comes in. Can. You. Believe. It.? The generosity of so many people has truly been overwhelming to me. Though BigBro said we'd hit our goal, I didn't really believe that I'd be able to muster up such an amount. And here we are...15 days away, and just $95 ducks!

While on that topic - check the reader board to the right. Go look, I'll wait. More Rockin Donors to send huge shout outs to. And yes, I realize by math the amount appears to be $595 left, but as I mentioned a large donation ($500) is supposed to be coming from my employer).

RUTHIE'S MOM - I CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL I'VE BEEN BLESSED IN SO MANY WAYS BY YOU COMING INTO MY LIFE. IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO ARE RELATIVELY UNKNOWN TO ME, WHO DONATE THAT AMAZE ME. YOUR SISTER'S NAME IS NOW ON MY LIST OF PEOPLE TO HONOR DURING THE WALK.

MELA-NINNY - OH.MY.GOD. NOT EXPECTING THAT DONATION FROM YOU IS WHAT MADE IT ALL THE MORE SPECIAL. YOU ROCK SIS!


ST.LOUIS SIL - YAY! I WAS SURE BIGBRO HAD MANAGED TO GET YOUR DONATION, BUT THEN I REMEMBERED OVER A DRINK IN ORLANDO YOU MENTIONING YOU LIKED ME MORE THAN HIM SO YOU'D DONATE TO ME!!!

GODMA & GODPA - AGAIN, YOU COME THROUGH WHEN I LEAST EXPECT IT. I'M SO VERY GLAD TO HAVE YOU AS MY GODPARENTAL UNITS! THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!

In other news, I did tonight what no person who ever read this blog, or knows me ever thought I'd do.

I bailed on seeing Dudley - GASP

I know. Can you believe it? Blueberry and I were set to go witness the new group of Dudley-ites, but the weather was icky, I was cold, and just didn't want to leave the warm haven of my apt. In a hundred years I never, EVER, would have imagined I'd not want to go see Dudley. I'm so sad. But with their new king I'm not that impressed and so can't muster up the energy to go see them. It's so sad really. I need something, (read: someone) to obsess over. And after the 3 Day is over, what then? I won't have anything to obsess over. I'll be lost. I won't be able to focus. I'll never be the same.

Ooo look, a shiny penny.




Now, what was I saying?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again were are hearing the recurring theme..........BigBro is wise, BigBro knows, BigBro is/was right. Learn Girl Learn!!!

Al & Jo said...

Oh Boy -- big brotherness!

Anonymous said...

Just one of God's earthly blessings on this world............Big Brothers.