Wednesday, August 06, 2008

People will see me and cry FAME

You know you're singing along, don't try to deny it.

BTW - when searching on lyrics to Fame, I came across the lyrics for the David Bowie song. Can I just say, WTH? Go on. Go read them. I'll wait. I have no doubt that I too could be a song writer if those were the guideline under which I had to follow.

Right, so why is Fame stuck in my head. Well, because thanks to BigBro, we're famous. That's right. Yours truly and her faithful side kicks (aka my 3Day team members) are in the newspaper. Last time I was in the newspaper was in 198 - er ah - 1984 - I think - when I became the Quartz Hill High School Rifle Captain (Interesting little side note, when googling Quartz Hill High School, not only did my own blog come up, but they're on wikipedia too - whodathunk?)

No where was I?

Oh yes, we're famous. Truth be told it's all BigBro. He got interviewed for the article and Blueberry and I just went along for the ride. BUT, they used our photo!

Extra! Extra! Read All About Us!
I'm such a shy girl, aren't I?

If you now take a trip to me to the right of my blog. You will see my meter is now at 84%. How is that possible you ask? Well I'll tell you...

CHICKEN LADY - DAH DA DA DAHHHH (That's supposed to be the sound of trumpets when royalty enters the room ) Ahem! Anyhow CHICKEN LADY - THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION THAT PUT ME AT $4200. MAY YOUR CHICKENS NEVER BE FOOD!

Looming this weekend is my big 18/15 walk. It's the milestone that tells you if you are ready for this 3Day thing.

In other 3Day news, BigBro and I both nominated Blueberry to be a Survivor flag carrier for opening (or closing) ceremonies. We just found out yesterday that she has, in fact, been selected! Can I get a woot woot?

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks. Now I have David Bowie's version in my head.

Faaaame...

Anonymous said...

I think I have song on a
"45" if you want to borrow it. Wanna borrow my record player too?