Monday, August 25, 2008

The Monday Morning Mosh Pit

In exactly 19 days I will be waking up bright and early to hit the trail - the 3Day trail. I'm still a bit in shock that it's only a short 19 days away - I'm ready, but still antsy!

This weekend Saving 2nd Base participated in "Team Day" in which we got to hand out flyers to residents and businesses on the route to let them know we're going to be in their neighborhood. The route is generally very hush hush, but now we know at least 2 of the 60 miles. Oh boy! I tried to get more details out of them, but those girls who are managing this are tight lipped. Blueberry and I got our 3Day fancy pants shirts and just "had" to wear them for this event. Aren't they cute? And yes, that's the famous stang in the background. Vroom! Bigbro went with us too, naturally, and we walked our 2 mile route handing out flyers to every house/business on that part of the route. We happened to be in a very "rich" part of the area and so I spent most my time slobbering over these ENORMOUS houses. Some of which it would take me and every single person I've ever met or known in my life to pay for them.

Sunday dawned sunny and bright. Blueberry, BigBro and I set out on a short 7 mile walk (still makes me laugh when I say "short"-"7mile" and my name in one sentence). The sun was shining and we were jabbering as we always do. Blueberry provided some comic relief with her "pack" issues...sidebar: Note to self: Get photo of Blueberry's packed pack." BigBro-for the first time ever - was sporting the t-shirt I bought for him. Too bad it isn't actually pink. Looks good!

I've been fretting about the 3Day for a couple of nights now. Lying awake thinking about what to pack, logistics of getting too and from, sending out last emails, the post 3Day party, the post photo montage I'm doing, which shoes to wear on which days, and the thoughts go on and on. I've got lists for everything it seems, and that doesn't seem to be helping cut down on the fretting. I'm 100% sure everything will work out and be fine...but the PM in me has to plan and then have contingencies. Oh...the curse of having a PM mind!

Two more donations came in over the weekend. So let us pause to give thanks.


GLENNIE - YOU'RE A DOLL - THANKS FOR YOUR DONATION

LILAC - HAVING ONLY KNOWN YOU FOR 2 HOURS, YOU'RE DEFINITELY A SPECIAL WOMAN! THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATION!


Now if you'll excuse me, I should probably actually do some PMing and keep this job.

0 comments: