Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I’ve got too much time on my hands, it’s hard to believe such a calamity

You gotta love Styx in the morning. When I was thinking about what to write in today’s blog, that song popped into my head. And in case you don’t know…you can check it out here – Go ahead PMDude – you know you want to. And be sure to check out they way groovy hair styles.

It’s been a couple of days since I last wrote and so much hasn’t happened that it’s difficult to find anything to write. So let me go back to the weekend update.

Saturday – Apple Cup (aka Crapple Cup)
I survived an Apple Cup party at my house. (For those who don't know the Apple Cup is a college football game between University of Washington and Washington State University - basically our state rivalry). I had a whole lotta Washington Huskies in my house who were sad after the game. Poor little puppies lost to a team that could arguably be worse than them. Let’s put it into numbers so you can see just how bad the Huskies and Cougars were this year (BTW – I’m a Cougar. )

The game wouldn't end. It went into TWO overtimes, but we ultimately tired the other kicker out and won 16-13. Coming into the game, UW had no wins this season, 0-9. Yes, that’s right, sob if you must. A loss to us put them at 0-10. They were ranked #1 of the top 20 WORST teams. Right behind them was the #2 team the Washington State Cougars – who’s season was 1-8 before this game. The 1 win was against a local high school team (I’m joking – sorta). At one point this season the combined score for three games in a row the Cougars played was 169-0. Ugh.

And so with that, we all knew this game would be painful. So I did what I always do when pain is approaching, I throw a party with good food and good drink. Blueberry and I were the only Cougs in the room, and thus the only “happy” two after the game. Although, that’s not entirely true I guess since the Husky fans were “happy” the season was basically over. Not quite though, they still have to play Cal this weekend which will put them at 0-12. Good times.

Here’s a photo of me “practicing” to be a Cougar (see WSU is well known for its party atmosphere). Yep, that's me on the left - the short cut one with a HUGE Coor's bottle in her hand.



Sunday
After cleaning up after the Crapple Cup I had my Seattle SIL and Blueberry over for a day of scrapbooking. I realized I’m so far behind in getting my vacations done, that I’m going to make a concerted effort next year to get these darn vacations done. I have the UK trip from 2006, DC from 2007, Orlando from June 2008 and now San Fran. Of course, in the middle of all that I did the 3 Day album that isn’t quite done and has 67 pages already (I think I have another 10 to add to it).

There may be some other big news brewing, but I’m going to hold of discussing it in the blog since I’m all sorts of shades of powerful and mentioning it may jinx it – if I already haven’t already.

Finally, I leave you with a photo I promised a while ago. Remember the story of the private school and the horrible uniforms. Welcome to ONE of my 1st Grade photos. Just 35 more days in my thirties!

0 comments: