Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Post Voting Thoughts

Well, it's over. Whether you voted for Obama or not, America is on a new path.

I sat mesmerized last night to the TV watching as hundreds of thousands went to vote for their candidate. Each hoping that their vote would help change the world, the country. I hadn't realized in previous elections just how much hope elections really do bring. Of course it may have something to do with the dismal place we are right now. I don't really blame any politician - necessarily. Many would argue that we could blame the current President - and we may be able to. But there are thousands of American citizens who are just as responsible for our economic situation (home loans) and now together with a new President - perhaps we can right some wrongs. Naive? Maybe. But at least I have hope where once there wasn't any.

I didn't get to watch the Obama speech last night - cable went out - grrrr. I did get to watch McCains. My thought - "Gracious". While I am not, nor was, a McCain supporter, I was impressed by his gratitude and his humility as he spoke of wanting to work with the new President to make changes. I hope he means it. Obama will need a Republican on his side to help bridge the gap.

So whether your candidate won or not, be proud that you were part of something historic.

Update: In case politics leave you dry, see my two new recipes online. Click here.

0 comments: