Friday, November 07, 2008

Rest Sweet Rebecca

Rebecca passed last night. Her time in this world was short, we all knew that, and yet hearing she’s gone fills my heart with sadness. Her passing was the right thing. Her body was taken over by the darkness. She’s at peace now and will no longer suffer. It sure is easy to type, but hard to believe.

I only barely knew Rebecca. Met her twice I think. Each time she was battling, fighting, for her life. She was okay for a little bit and then the darkness came back. This time, it would never leave. What I knew of Rebecca was that she was very loved. Very loved. She loved animals, she loved people, and she loved life. The love she sent out into the world circled back tenfold to her. She was a source of good and I’m glad to say I had a chance to have known such an angel.

I’ll see Blueberry tonight to see how she’s fairing. I suspect not well. See, Rebecca is the first one from her cancer group who has lost the battle with breast cancer. AND to make things more difficult, Rebecca is our age. That’s the kicker for me too. Rebecca is my age. It just blows yet another hole in my little world. People do die. And people do die from Breast Cancer. Now I feel more renewed than ever to fight the battle for those lost and for those who we can save. Can I get a WHOA?

So if you have a moment, give a thought to her sad loved ones left behind who now feel for her loss. Because her loss will be felt. By many. For along time.

Rest Sweet Rebecca. You will be missed.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry, Jenn. Send Sherrie my prayers.