Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Jenn…26 never looked so good on a 40 year old.

Today is my birthday between my dad and I. He adopted me 26 years ago (I think – I can never remember if it was ’81 or ’82). Anyhow, every year we celebrate on the 17th of February, one more year of Father/Daughter-ness. He’s so lucky. He really got quite the deal, if I do say so myself. This year I received two dozen beautiful roses in celebration. Surprised when Her Royal Geekness appeared in my doorway with a box that said “1-800-Flowers” on it. Priceless was the look on her face trying to figure out why I’d be getting flowers. Filled her in on the whole deal, opened the box, found the card that read, “Happy Birthday Pup, love Dad.” I think in celebration I should get today off too. All those in favor?

The three day weekend went way too fast IMHO. I blinked and it was over.

Yesterday, Blueberry, Chicken Lady and I piled into the Blueberry Mobile and headed to IKEA. You kinda need a whole day for IKEA if you know what I mean. Us and every single screaming child on the planet were at IKEA. We ate Swedish meatballs, rambled through the store, bought a few things we couldn’t possibly live without, and came home. All in all, a nice day. Aside from the screaming kids.

Speaking of screaming kids, Dudley on Saturday night was quite awesome. Now, you know I’ve had my reservations about them since they’ve changed their lead singer. The last show had me thinking that this new guy was better, and definitely sealed the band. Saturday night’s performance confirmed for me what I had feared all along…I have a new crush on the new lead singer. He seems rather gooberish at times, but fun and damn can he sing. The band was tight. Performing love songs for the first set – just about put me to sleep – included in the set list was The Love Boat Theme, Can’t Take My Eyes off of you and Al Green’s Let’s Stay Together. All good songs – though some would argue that. But the second set…that’s when they came alive. They pulled out some of my all time favorite Dudley songs: Sweet Caroline (with the audience participation this song is quite frankly awesome. Those who have never seen Dudley before, I’m sure where wow’d at the crowd participation), Dancing Queen, and Venus. The Dudley virgins we had with us, I think, had a good time. They didn’t run from the room screaming, so that’s a plus. The third set was going to be all 80’s music, but we all were tired and ready to go home.

Other things I did this weekend, that you really know you want to know…I finally took pictures of the Jendo. Now I only need to find the adapter do-hicky thing to get them off the camera. So stay tuned for those this week. You know you want to. I also posted the three recipes I tried last week to the “other” blog.
Check them out.

So while the weekend went by way too fast, I did have a good one. And the bonus is this is now a 4 day work week. WooHoo!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It wasn't surprise. I thought they were from the person who sent you fruit last year for v-day. I think it is cool that your dad did that! And you shared!!! SO NICE!!!

I have to get flowers by proxy.