Saturday, February 14, 2009

Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely.

Well, if it isn't the day to hate of all days. Thankfully, it snuck up on me and I didn't even realize it was here until yesterday when I saw the pretty red heart shaped boxes of chocolate. I did manage to get a card off to the ParentalUnits earlier this week, can't for them.

Yesterday as I said I viewed the red heart shaped boxes in a store. When Blueberry was a kid, our Grandfather would get her a small little box of chocolates. He did it for all the girl grandchildren that I know of. Not sure about the boys...probably got them a fish filleting knife. Anyhow, when Gpa passed away, Blueberry and I had a conversation about how sad it would now be. We'd miss all the little Gpa things that, while we joked about them constantly, we'd miss them. They included Gpa's LOVE of ordering from Finger Hut. He' always order things and get free items. I had a number of really cheap necklaces, bracelets etc. He even got my niece a doll one time...it was a black doll, but a doll none the less.

Anyhow, I decided to pick up the heart shaped candy box at Rite Aid many years ago and continued the tradition for Blueberry. The other item on my list to get was Lime Away. See, there's hard water at the new place...so I figured Lime Away will help some what.

I took my cardboard heart filled with candy and my Lime Away to the counter. The cashier behind the counter looked as if she would have rather have been somewhere else. I plunked down my purchases. The cashier looked at the candy, looked at the Lime Away and said, "Well, that's one way to take care of him."

I didn't get it at first, but then realized she saw me buying poison and candy. I laughed all the way to the car.

0 comments: