Monday, February 09, 2009

So I’ll be waiting for the real thing…

Yes boys and girls, Nickelback is stuck in the noggin today. (I also find it amusing that all the guitar players in this video all stand the same - it's like they're clones) Which is okay by me, except I really only have one verse stuck in my head.

It’s been a couple of days since I last wrote, but I assure you nothing exciting has gone on in my little world to require immediate blogging. So let's review just how much hasn't gone on.

Last week seemed to go by so fast, and yet felt like an ubber long week. By Friday I was exhausted. Went home and BBQ’d up some hamburgers with a salad and had myself a fine evening in. I did a bit more organizing/unpacking of the place but really didn’t do more than move stuff from one counter top to another. And I started a !#$%^& book that I couldn't put down all weekend.

Saturday was a peaceful day. I got up, showered, made coffee, took a 2 hour nap, got up, fussed with the hair, got dressed, went to the annual Ground Hog’s Day party, and was in bed by 10pm. Such a life I tell ya. Oh and I think I kicked the cat...I didn't feed him though because Sunday AM he "reminded" me that I had neglected to feed his royal highness.

In case you care, Pookie spent the day perched on the hope chest watching kitty TV all weekend. He appreciates that I arranged the furniture just so he could have some place to sit and watch the world go by. Spoiled!

Sunday was much more productive. I got up early and actually made significant progress on the scrapbook room. I am having a hard time fitting all my crap into this room for some reason. I can’t quite figure out why either. It’ll all fit eventually. It’s a great room for scrapping. Nice big windows that overlook the pond out back…very bright and cheery. Now if I could ever get the inspiration again.

Blueberry and I went to get pedicures. The balls of my feet – both feed now – are still numb. They’ve been numb since the three day bruising of them. I suppose I should do the right thing and go see a doctor – especially since mom and BigBro will both yell at me for not going already. Sheesh!

I need to go out and find myself a formal cocktail dress. I’ll be volunteering for a local Susan G. Komen Gala (Grace Notes Gala) and apparently its black tie. THANK GOD my parents raised me to know how to act in such an environment. I won’t have to be concerned with knowing which dinner fork to use, or how to greet highly influential people. I’m secretly hoping one of our local baseball heroes will be there. He’s been to several in the past, and I’d be just lame enough to ask for a photo with him. Blueberry asked me to get his autograph and I said I’d NEVER be so forward to ask for an autograph at this event – but I’d totally be forward enough to ask for a photo. Besides, I could simply explain that all my avid fans would need to see the fabulous new dress I had to buy for this event. I’m also secretly cursing the fact that I just got rid of some of the bride’s maids dresses I had – one of them would have been perfect for this event. Ugh.

So until next time, Cause, Nobody wants to be the last one there…Cause everyone wants to feel like someone cares…someone to love with my life in their hands, there’s gotta be somebody for me out there…

0 comments: