Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Thai Barbecued Chicken Recipe

Some of you may know that I have a recipe blog. I attempt to put my newly tried recipes out there and rate them. Even the one's I'm not a fan of and won't ever make again, I put out there. It's rare that I come across a recipe so delicious that I feel obligated to share it with you - my true readers. I posted three new recipes today that I've tried this week.

Chicken Cacciatore - just okay; may not make it again
Teriyaki Strip Steaks - ditto

and

Thai
BBQ'd Chicken

It's the Thai BBQ Chicken one that has me all giddy tonight. Quite possibly one of the best recipes I've ever made - and I followed it about 99% - which if anyone knows how I cook is a shocker.

But before we get to the recipe, you need to hear my story of grocery shopping tonight. In an hour - I left work, got to the grocery store across the street from my house - bought chicken and rice - drove home - got the mail - pulled in the garbage bins - unloaded purse and groceries - read recipe - realized I forgot oranges and limes - WALKED across the street to store - bought oranges and limes - failed attempt of flirting with cute check stand guy - got home - and made my marinade. IN. AN. HOUR from leaving work.

It took me all of 7 minutes to get home...which I love. The rest was the filler stuff...ain't that GREAT! I love my new place.

Now the recipe.

THAI BBQ CHICKEN
Serves 4

2 frying chickens, cut into pieces (I used chicken breasts - boneless -
cuz that's how I roll)

Marinade:
6 T Freshly squeezed lime juice
1/4 cup Freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (I used half fish sauce and half soy because I couldn't make up my mind)
1T Asian chili sauce (using this amount didn't make it spicy at all)
2 T finely minced ginger
6 cloves garlic finely minced (do not skimp on this...garlic is life)
1/4 cup finely minced whole green onions
1/4 cup minced fresh mint leaves (I skipped these - not a mint fan)
1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup minced cilantro

Combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken to the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours (I let mine sit for about an hour).

Grill your chicken.

You will want to come back for more, I promise you. Don't make this marinade any earlier than the day you plan to use it. The herbs will deteriorate. I accompanied this meal with
sauteed fresh asparagus with grill seasoning (OMG so good), and Thai Kitchen Thai Yellow Curry rice. I had not had that particular rice and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. MMM. It didn't have a strong curry flavor (mom!) but a pleasant flavor. I almost did the Lemon Grass rice...and may try that next time.

0 comments: