Friday, February 13, 2009

Set a Course for Adventure, your mind on a new romance...

What?

Doesn't the
Love Boat Theme ever get stuck in your head?

Well, it's stuck in mind for the simple following equation. Valentine's Day is tomorrow. When I think about VD Day, I think about Dudley. When I think about Dudley and VD Day, I think the Love Boat Theme - because that's one of the first shows and one of the first songs I remember from the boys. See? Simple explanation. PMDude is sitting over in his chair shaking his head at the shock of how my brain works. It seems to make perfect sense to me.

Of course going to YouTube to find the Love Boat Theme, got us checking out all the other intros from shows in that era like,
CHiPs, Magnum PI, Fantasy Island, The A-Team...ahhh good times.

Friday. Ahhh...can you feel it? A three day weekend ahead. Yes, we get Monday off to celebrate our President's (Lincoln and Washington specifically - I think). I'll be heading off to IKEA with Blueberry and ChickenLady on the day off...oh fun! I can't wait! I love me some IKEA.

In other fun news, Saturday is the Dudley Valentine's day show. Should be fun this year. It's not at the Triple Door like it has been in the past. Instead it's at a small, little, hole in the wall tavern that fits WAY too many people in between it's old, crumbling walls. I'm just sayin' I am near an exit - or try to be - when I see them at the Sunset. If there were any bar in Seattle that I could imagine going up in flames in less than 30 seconds, this would be the bar. But that's not stopping me from going. Wild bulls couldn't stop me from going. Only Pablo the pool boy waiting in my ... um oh Hi Mom. Never mind.

As I was saying, nothing could stop me from going. I'm having a few friends over (UK friends yet to be named, Blueberry, HikerGirl and RunningMan). PhotoGirl and the Yank will be meeting us there. Good times.

And now, for something I've been tagged with in FaceBook by a few folks.

39 odd things...

39 ODD Things about you! It used to be 44, but the list I received only had 39 questions - so I'm changing it to 39. If you opened this, FILL IT OUT! Learn 39 things about your friends, and let them learn 39 things about you! Tag the person that sent it plus others.

1. Do you like blue cheese? In a creamy dressing yes. All by itself…jut a little.

2. Have you ever been drunk? I lost count how many times. Hello WSU grad!

3. Do you own a gun? Nope – Unless a twirling rifle counts.

4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? I’d go for the red one…it leaves a nice red tongue and mustache

5. What do you think of hot dogs? After a 15 mile walk, or well, after any walk…or at the baseball/football/sporting event…definitely.

6. Favorite Christmas movie? I’m a sucker for Rudolf.

7. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Um, Hi, have you learned nothing from my blog…Venti Vanilla American with Xtr Room (cream and sugar added for taste!)

8. Can you do push ups? Why would I? Does pushing yourself up once you’ve sat on the ground count? Then Yes.

9. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? It used to be these gold earrings Dad bought me in Saudi. But I lost them…so now it’s the ring I bought myself for my 30th birthday

10. Favorite hobby? Moving, scrapbooking, cooking, photography.

11. Do you have A.D.D.? A.D.D. Attention Defi…! Hey, look a butterfly!

12. What's your favorite shoe? If I didn’t have to wear any shoe, I wouldn’t. But I do like my pink croc flip flops.

13. Middle name? Joy – cuz I’m such a Joy to be around

14. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment? I’m tired and wished I could have stayed in bed 2 more minutes. I don’t want to get on the status call in 10 minutes. Why can’t the Pointy Haired Boss be absent today.

15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? See #8, Ice Tea, Water

16. Current worry? What to make for dinner tomorrow night before the Dudley Show.

17. Current hate right now? The fact I’m at work

18. How did you bring in the New Year? How did I bring in the new year? I think I had a party at my place! Yah that was it. And I may have drank some. Maybe.

19. Where would you like to go? Italy! All expenses paid.

20. Name three people who will complete this? Mom, maybe Vicky, maybe Her Royal Geekness

21. Do you own slippers? I do, but they’re still packed and I never wear them. See #13 for what I wear

22. What color shirt are you wearing right now? Black with white – the colors of Nuns

23. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Ugh Groddy!

24. Can you whistle? Does wheezing count? Then yes. Otherwise no.

25. Favorite color? Currently, Rusty Orange is the new Pink28. Would you be a pirate? Argh you kidding? Get it? Argh = Are…okay…more coffee

26. What songs do you sing in the shower? It’s probably quicker to list what song I don’t sing. But I’ll play along. Its usually whatever song was stuck in my freakin noggin from the day/night before. For example, today was Seasons of Love from Rent.

27. Favorite girl's Name? Lily.

28. Favorite boy's name? Jack

29. What's in your pocket right now? I don’t have a pocket right now – so nothing.

30. Last thing that made you laugh? Dilbert!

31. Best bed sheets as a child? Oh good lord, I don’t remember any of my bed sheets as a child!

32. Worst injury you've ever had as a child? An enormous cat scratch that left a huge scare on my left arm, and caused me to miss going to a movie the day the damn neighbor cat scratched me.

33. Who is your loudest friend? Um…me! Wow…I don’t think I have any loud friends…Mrs. Stalemate…maybe…

34. How many dogs do you have? Well if you count the cute beagle puppy I tried to steal yesterday, none. But I want one, or two, or three…

35. Does someone have a crush on you? That would mean I’d have to know single men…which I apparently don’t…

36. What is your favorite book? Don Quixote (Man of La Mancha).

37. What is your favorite candy? Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

38. Favorite Sports Team? Oh boy…I’ll say the Seahawks

39. What song do you want played at your funeral? Any 80’s song that is happy and hoppin so people can dance.


Phew. That tired me out.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

forgetit~!~ Just reading your 39 tired me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!