Friday, February 27, 2009

Is "Dining Around" like "Sleeping Around"?

I suppose with "sleeping around" if you said you could get a three course meal for $30 bucks...ah...never mind...(HI mom).

Right, so it's one of two of my most favoritest times of the year in Seattle. It's
DINE AROUND Seattle. It used to be 25 for $25, but times have changed apparently. Anyhow, 25 of the best restaurants in Seattle offer up for the month of March (and then again in November) a 3 course meal for $30! In some of these places, you can't even sneeze for 30ducks. I have made my list this year and cannot WAIT to talk some poor (well hopefully not too poor) unsuspecting friend to join me. I might have to rent a friend for this. (And just like that we're back to prostitution)

Drum roll please....

This year's List....

Andaluca
I've walked by Andaluca and have been fortunate enough to experience the most blessed smells wafting from their doors.

Barking Frog
Not only is this restaurant almost in my back yard, and not only have I tried to get the company Christmas party there every year, but the chef is H.O.T. I mean look at him. Yum. Oh and he's a really celebrated chef - he'd have to be to be at the Barking Frog.

Brasa
I especially like trying restaurants that aren't your standard. By standard I mean Italian, Steak, Thai, Mexican, etc. You know the stuff 90% of restaurants are made of. Brasa is a Spanish inspired restaurant. There's a Brazilian restaurant locally I want to try too, but they aren't on this list.

Perhaps next year Chez Jenn's will be on this list.

I've tried several of the restaurants on this list in past years - not necessarily for the 25 for $25 events even. The honorable mentions are:
Dahlia Lounge, Etta's, Lola (OMG fantastic breakfast here), Serafina (went there with XXXCrush last time I say him - but OMG the best Bolognese), and Yarrow Bay Grill (not my favorite place, but decent none the less. My first official company dinner - even before I worked here - was at the Yarrow Bay Grill - ah memories).

Right, now I'm hungry!

In other fabulous news tomorrow night...Oh.My.God. ....
SuperDiamond! with Dudley Manlove opening. I can't get enough....(that's a song reference in case you didn't catch that). I've been waiting well over a year to see SuperDiamond. I got to witness the lead singer take the stage for a quicky (song that is) with the DMQ boys some time ago and was wow'd by his voice...and okay so he was a little cute....okay, sheesh a LOT cute. Anyhow, they are performing at the famous Showbox Theater tomorrow. Yes, you're right, they are a Neil Diamond tribute band...and I CAN'T WAIT! I am also mildly excited about Dudley opening for them I mean really, two great tastes that tastes great together.

Update: You can listen to their music too....


ahem

So off with you now. Have a good weekend and sneak back here Sunday for some SuperDiamond photos - and maybe videos.

0 comments: