Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am a rock, I am an island...

This song has been stuck in the noggin all day. I had to do a debrief about a project that unceremoniously got cancelled, and my resource call this project a "Bring me a rock" project (meaning the customer kept asking us to bring them a rock, but never saying what size or what color...you just keep bringing rocks based on their feedback, but you never really get the right rock). Once he said "bring me a rock" - it was stuck. On the plus side, PMDude thought of the same song..though it's unlikely it was stuck in his head. He has 5 kids...no way there's any more room for useless songs.

In other news, I've been publishing a lot to my other blog. I'm trying to be much better about publishing all the recipes I've tried and trying to say something about them besides, "OMG sooo good." or "Grody". Anyhow, check them out. The one I made tonight, not so good. But last nights...delicious! I think I'm going to actually try this one with chicken too. I'm betting that will be just as good.

Tomorrow night - - in case you want a preview -- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts with Pesto Sauce and BIG mushroom - veggie saute. That Rachael Ray - I tell ya - she needs to learn how to cut down on the War&Peace titles. At any rate, no big occasion tomorrow - just Friday.

This weekend will be chalked full of stuff. Saturday, after sleeping in and kicking the cat, I'll be volunteering for another 3Day Getting Started meeting. I'm going to try my best to not cry. I know, who am I kidding? Then Sunday, BigBro and Seattle Sis are coming over with the Brasch's for dinner at Chez Jenn's. I have no idea what I'll make yet. Thankfully, they are all family (or like family) and so no need to try something impressive. Food, for our family, is good. That's how I keep my girlish figure.

And without making you wait any longer, here's Chez Jenn's. Staring the Big Black Beast of Burden.


0 comments: